EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
michael1, :welcome: To the EnclaveForum! Like GoldEnclave, I too have an '08. I am 44 and have had my '08 for 9-1//2 months now with what I consider 2 major issues - rear suspension spring broken and AC Evaporator Coil leak(replaced) a month ago.
We have put 14,500 on it in the 9-1/2 months, so I would say "Yes, my family of 5 loves to drive/ride in it - a lot". But 2 major trips for 3200 miles over a 4 day weekend and another 3000 over 9 days for vacations. Can't wait to see pictures of your new E when you get a chance and cross that 10 post threshold that allows you to post pics. Again, welcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you both for your warm welcome. Funny thing is, I originally went in to look at the Lacrosse and even test drove it. But as I mentioned I've always loved the Enclave but my wife said it was to big and expensive, and it still is :).When I first entered the showroom my eyes fixed on the champange/silver E sitting there. Of course I went right over to her and examined her...she was a beauty.

I brought my wife in to test drive the Lacrosse. After the test I brought her over to the E and I could see she really liked it so we took one out for a test drive and that was it. ;D

We didn't like the mink part of the interior so we couldn't get the brown wheel and wood trim we really wanted so we went with the ebony interior, which is nice too.

I'm planning on putting a coat of blackfire sealent on it as soon as I get it and 8 hours later putting a good wax on top of the sealent. You might think I'm nuts to do that on a leased car but I love my car to shine and I'm found that by doing that the shine always looks like a high gloss finish....can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum michael1! I am excited to hear about your new vehicle purchase! Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need any assistance. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

michael1 said:
Hi Everyone,this is my first post. I just ordered my 2014 champagne/silver Enclave a week ago. Can't wait for it to arrive. I love my 2011 Santa Fe but I've always wanted the enclave. I've been going to different places , reading reviews on the 13's and got a little shaken up reading the reviews on the 08's that were mixed in.

BTW, after reading the comments about this being an old person's car I had to laugh. I'm 67 years old and live in a retirement community in Jersey :D There are 7 of us who hang out togetter so this will make it easier than taking 2 cars when we go someplace. I have 2 grandchilder so it will handle my family of 6. The car (test drive) was a dream, quiet, smooth no noise. Wonderful safety features too besides being a beautiful car in and out. So yes I'm on the old side but this car will make me feel young again and it's great to buy/lease American again.

Hopefully I'll have the car in about another month. I let you know how I like it but will continue reading these forums to get new info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I have my baby almost a month now and she rides like a dream. Everyone thought I was nuts as I started the Zaino treatment the day after getting her. So far there's 4 coats of Z2, 1 coat of Z5 and about 4-5 coats of Z6. That was a **** of alot of work for a 67 year old man. They thought I was nuts but when the see her they all say what a beautiful truck and the shine is mirror like.

There are so many things to learn about this truck and slowly but surely I'm getting the basics down. What a wonderful ride, smooth, quiet and comfortable, everything my Santa Fe wasn't. There's a few negatives but I can live with them and I'd sure like to have that speed thingy up on the glass .

But so far I'm loving it.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
michael1 said:
Well I have my baby almost a month now and she rides like a dream. Everyone thought I was nuts as I started the Zaino treatment the day after getting her. So far there's 4 coats of Z2, 1 coat of Z5 and about 4-5 coats of Z6. That was a **** of alot of work for a 67 year old man. They thought I was nuts but when the see her they all say what a beautiful truck and the shine is mirror like.

There are so many things to learn about this truck and slowly but surely I'm getting the basics down. What a wonderful ride, smooth, quiet and comfortable, everything my Santa Fe wasn't. There's a few negatives but I can live with them and I'd sure like to have that speed thingy up on the glass .

But so far I'm loving it.
Glad to hear you are loving it! Thanks for the updates and yes that is a hellova bunch o work you did with the Zaino! Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
:worthless:
He has to meet his quota of posts before he is able to post pics, tho. Nevermind he has.....

·
Registered
5,905 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a 08 this week. Found this forum and it saved me some cash! Dealer told me it didnt have remote start which we need in the midwest (no garage) But, after reading some post I found it did have remote start and it works great.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

MRBUICK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome Ok... site very unnavigable....what is a wave plate issue...cant find...
I want to tell everyone about my probs so they dont have them... A./C LINE NEAR FIREWALL RUBBING ON PWR STEERING COUPLING... HOLE... 1500 REPAIR... DESIGN FLAW THEY SAID.. NO COVERAGE...
LEAKING SUN ROOF...
RACK AND PENION STEERING REPLACED. 1500.
WHAT NEXT...
ANY HELP ON THE WAVE PLATE..THX...

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
parkermx said:
Welcome Ok... site very unnavigable....what is a wave plate issue...cant find...
I want to tell everyone about my probs so they dont have them... A./C LINE NEAR FIREWALL RUBBING ON PWR STEERING COUPLING... HOLE... 1500 REPAIR... DESIGN FLAW THEY SAID.. NO COVERAGE...
LEAKING SUN ROOF...
RACK AND PENION STEERING REPLACED. 1500.
WHAT NEXT...
ANY HELP ON THE WAVE PLATE..THX...
:welcome: There is a search box in the top right of the forum's page. you can type anything dealing with the Enclave in there and that should help you out immensely.
There you will find several wave plate threads. The wave plate is a part of the transmission the wave plate failure affects 1, 3, 5, and Rev. gears renderring you unable to drive at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked up a "new to me" 2011 CXL2 last weekend with only 15k miles on it at a dealership in Baltimore. Took a trip to Pittsburgh a few days ago and I love this car! Bid a sad farewell to my 2003 Tahoe with over 170k miles on it. Had full intentions of getting another Tahoe but this Buick caught my eye and that was that. It's white diamond tri-coat with the titanium interior.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Lucky777. I hope you find a wealth of info here to help you understand the Enclave Experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I must be spending too much time on Facebook...was looking for the "Like" button.
Thanks for the welcome, I actually spent a great deal of time lurking before I decided to buy this car. Wanted to see what yinz guys that already owned one thought of them. Looking forward to being able to make my own contributions to the collective.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lucky 777 said:
I picked up a "new to me" 2011 CXL2 last weekend with only 15k miles on it at a dealership in Baltimore. Took a trip to Pittsburgh a few days ago and I love this car! Bid a sad farewell to my 2003 Tahoe with over 170k miles on it. Had full intentions of getting another Tahoe but this Buick caught my eye and that was that. It's white diamond tri-coat with the titanium interior.
Congrats on the switch, Lucky 777! Glad to hear that you love your new 2011 CXL2 thus far! If you ever have any questions about your vehicle we're just a private message away!

Best,

Amber N.
Buick Customer Care

201 - 220 of 237 Posts
About this Discussion
236 Replies
99 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing