EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I picked up our Enclave yesterday. She's a beauty!!! We ordered on June 4th, over 15 weeks ago. While I was loading the car seats, a couple were looking at MY Enclave and asked the dealer if it was for sale. I poked my head out and said "no this ones mine" (jokingly, but kinda serious at the same time). Then proceded to tell them my saga. They were very impressed. Anyhow, back to the drive. It was fantastic, quiet, and as far as I was concerned had plenty of power. I could tell that the tranny had an adjustment, because the downshift came much much quicker than in the one we test drove in May. During the waiting process I was beginning to regret that we went with the White diamond tricoat and wished we had gone with platinum, but that thought faded quickly when we saw our bada$$ WDT Clave! :clap2: Anyhow, I will post some pictures and a full update once we drive it this weekend. Thank you for all who have helped answer questions and been there when I needed to vent about the awful ordering process. To all those waiting, hold on!!!! As the thread says, it's well worth the wait! :blob: :hot: :rock: :banana:

As a side note, I did get the supplier price and the conquest rebate! No problems asked. After 15 weeks I didn't even have to remind the dealer about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats, I too picked up my Enclave this week. Only 5 miles driving though. Just walked in the garage saw there, it's impressive to look at.

IMO, the WDT is nicer than the Platnium. I had the opportunity to get that color with the Cashmere in early May loaded the way I wanted, but my wife didn't want the light interior due to 2 small kids. 3 months later, my parants bought a WDT Lucerne with the Cashmere and my wife liked it and changed her mind, but it was too late, we went Black with Ebony.

·
Registered
86 Posts
gjgalati said:
As a side note, I did get the supplier price and the conquest rebate! No problems asked. After 15 weeks I didn't even have to remind the dealer about it.
Congrats on getting the Enclave. You paid less than the GM employee price then. The GM supplier price and Conquest cannot be combined, but take what you can get - I would have liked to get the same. I doubt your selling dealer will get reimbursed for the Conquest Rebate.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Best wishes to both the new owners! :thumb: You'll never suffer the boring condition commonly known as "Import ****, look-a-like syndrome"!
You own the sweetest ride in town! Be ready for import owners to steal glances at your new baby!! ;D

·
Registered
186 Posts
:blob: :cheers: :blob:
I agree, well worth the wait. Which makes having to wait difficult, like a kid at Christmas. I too was a little worried about ordering white diamond, in the past I have always been drawn to black or red. In older cadillac's it seemed to have a yellowish undertone. I do not notice that on my Enclave, but I do think it was maybe a different color, called pearl white or something. On my Enclave, to me, it looks like a sparkly brighter white. I see no yellow tones. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. In fact sometimes, even though I have had it a month and a half, I still just stand there and look at it. In addition, I have stated before, my compliments are coming from the very young, not the geriatric crowd that some people associate Buicks with. It is my first Buick, and I think the first vehicle I have ever purchased that gets me real excited. (I did really enjoy my Tahoe too). Well enough rambling, ENJOY :cheers:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats guys :cheers: Really happy for you and can only imagine how proud you are of your new baby! :woot:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Best wishes to both the new owners! :thumb: You'll never suffer the boring condition commonly known as "Import ****, look-a-like syndrome"!
You own the sweetest ride in town! Be ready for import owners to steal glances at your new baby!! ;D
Smokin', I think you need to be hired by GM as a PR person. You always encourage everyone and ensure them they will love their Enclave; to just hold on; be patient. You have a positive spin on "everything Enclave". I personally, usually feel better after reading your posts. With more confidence in this waiting process. Perhaps it's because you already have your Enclave. Whatever the reason...I'm adopting your positive outlook! Mine's being built this week!! Thank you, Smokin'![/color] :angel:

·
Registered
120 Posts
gjgalati,

MANY HAPPY MILES!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Smokin', I think you need to be hired by GM as a PR person. You always encourage everyone and ensure them they will love their Enclave; to just hold on; be patient. You have a positive spin on "everything Enclave". I personally, usually feel better after reading your posts. With more confidence in this waiting process. Perhaps it's because you already have your Enclave. Whatever the reason...I'm adopting your positive outlook! Mine's being built this week!! Thank you, Smokin'![/color] :angel:
Thx! :thumb:My attitude is simply believing in USA companies, the right of their workers to earn a decent living, the many incredible products that they build, and trying to insure that my children/grandchildren will have jobs!!

Being lucky enough to own this Blue-eyed, Buick Beauty, and having the wonderful help and caring support of all the members of this forum, to make my "ride" safer, cheaper, better looking and more enjoyable is "icing on the cake". :cheers:

Godspeed for your order!

·
Registered
743 Posts
:blob:Congrats to everyone on getting their Enclaves. Myself ?? Finally after all the waiting, my Enclave is scheduled to be built on the 17th Week after I placed my Order , and wouldn't you know it, only a couple of Weeks before the Rear Consoles are available.
That's ok, Maybe a After market will be available.
White Diamond, CXL,AWD,Ent#4, All Options except Engine Block Htr. (Cashmere) :blob:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Rocketman, what's "the ATL"? I've heard you mention it in a couple threads, but...I'm lost. [/color] :confused:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
:eek:fftopic: Rocketman, what's "the ATL"? I've heard you mention it in a couple threads, but...I'm lost. [/color] :confused:
Sorry Rosita, I thought everybody knew. ATLANTA. Take care. 8)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
rocketman said:
Sorry Rosita, I thought everybody knew. ATLANTA. Take care. 8)
Why "the" ATL?[/color] :angel:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
FlavaClav said:
I know there's a movie called "The ATL" based in South Atlanta. That could be it. Am I right?
Well, that makes sense, Flavaclav. I have never heard of it, though. What kind of movie was it. Horror?[/color] ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts