EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Were you actively looking for a car, or did you see it & just had to have one?

• Actively shopping, needed a car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Was not shopping, saw it, loved it, bought it

• Shopping, but didn't need a car

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were not planning to buy a car for at least 3 years, but saw it, loved it, and drove it home. It solved a big dilemma, what to get my wife for her 50th birthday. :cheers:[/color]

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Re: Were you actively looking for a car, or did you see it & just had to have one?

My husband just "happened" to stop by the GM dealership and came home with an Acadia brochure. That was where it all started for me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Were you actively looking for a car, or did you see it & just had to have one?

We were looking for a new car and a friend told my wife about the Outlook. We went to see it and liked it but had a scheduled visit to drive a Yukon and saw the Acadia, we almost bought until the salesman told us Buick had a version but he didnt like it. We left the GMC dealer & the next day went to the Buick dealer saw it drove it and placed our order the same day. :blob:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Were you actively looking for a car, or did you see it & just had to have on

I had just totaled out my 99 Durango about 2 weeks before seeing the Enclave in person. I was leaning toward the Acadia before I saw the Enclave. I ordered it that day! Still waiting! :confused:

On a side note: I loved that Durango! It was paid off, and it had about 130k miles on it. It was still in top condition and never gave me any serious problems. I would have driven that thing into the ground had I not wrecked it! ha!

Here's to a long relationship with my new truck! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

I would vote for actively shopping but didn't need a car if the choice was available.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Nola Saints: I always wanted a durango..especially the new bulkier ones.

But, my husband had other ideas for our next vehicle..if it wasn't a minivan it would be the new Saturn Outlook. We got the brochure in the mail and would read it over and over!

Until we were in Disney World on vacation in June and exited the Test Track ride and saw the brand new Buick Enclave in Blue-gold. It was gorgeous!! I was waiting with my 2 smaller children for the hubby and older kids to get off the ride. I had my digital camera in one hand and the video camera in the other!!! Snapping away and video tapeing! When my husband and kids got off the ride we all climbed in. Then, proceeded to the GM counter to sign up for more info. They didn't have any brochures on hand because it had just arrived! It was LOVE at first sight!!!

Build date is 9/10...I've got my fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

zman said:
I would vote for actively shopping but didn't need a car if the choice was available.
Being the crazy car guy that I am, I am always shopping, but not necessarily buying. I was shopping before I had a driver's license. I used to ride my bike to the dealers to collect brochures. I think the crazyness all started when I was 5 years old by naming the cars I saw on the road. Remember, that was the early 60's, when cars had real style :thumb:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

MRBUICK said:
Being the crazy car guy that I am, I am always shopping, but not necessarily buying. I was shopping before I had a driver's license.
Me too, but being a little bit older with two kids, etc I have started to outgrow that. If I won the lottery however.......

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts

zman said:
If I won the lottery however.......
That reminds me - maybe we should start guessing the August numbers now. :p

·
Registered
86 Posts

zman said:
Same here.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

dfc101a said:
Same here.
Ditto, although wife would say we "needed a new car".......and I would let her ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: Were you actively looking for a car, or did you see it & just had to have on

We were going to look for a new vehicle because we were planning on having a second child and my wife's vehicle getting up there in mileage.
We looked at the popular mini-vans and CUVs at the DC auto-show in January. I had read about the lambda's coming out and wanted to see them in the flesh. It was no contest the Lambdas were the clear winner. We looked at the MDX,Q7,RX350,Sienna,Ody. Originally I was thinking we would get the Acadia, but when I discovered the "extras" in the Enclave it was a no brainer decision.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

zman said:
I added that option. I think you can change your vote.

·
Registered
172 Posts

The Lambda vehicles were what I had been hoping GM would eventually bring to the market. A little better gas mileage, larger than our Trailblazer, but not quite as large as the Tahoe. Looks to be perfect for vacation travel. First saw the Enclave at the Detroit auto show. Thought that it would be out of our price range, so we set our sights on the Outlook first. Thankfully that fell through or we'd be driving it right now. Liked the Acadia, but fell in love with the Enclave and it's design. The pricing was a pleasant suprise and here we are. The 4yr/50000 mile warranty was a bonus. We're glad we waited & waited & waited & waited & waited & waited etc.... It's gonna be great, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be great etc....

·
Registered
329 Posts

I have been out injured from work for 2 1/2 years and while on my many trips to the MD's office, I am mostly stuck with reading Car & Driver and Motortrend magazines :eek:hno:. Fell in love with the Lexus 460 sedan ;D, but alas, I do still have children who like to get really dirty playing ball :beatdown: and cringed at the thought of them putting dirty bottoms and batbags into a car like that. So, as I was thumbing thru these magazines, I came upon the Enclave! :angel: Seemed like the perfect compromise between my current Suburban (which I do love, but it's just to big for us now) and the Lexus sedan. My husband ordered my Enclave on Oct. 4 and I'm :dancing:[/color]

·
Registered
12 Posts

Have a great car Linclon LS V8. But the wife wanted more room for the grandkids there getting bigger. She found what she wanted and test drove it. She loved it. So I researched it. Liked what i read so we order it. Should be built this week.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Had a 2006 Rendevous wasn't really looking to buy. Saw the Enclave on the Internet and had to have one!!!
Fell in love with it at first sight and ordered one March 30th. picked up 1 June!!
CXL FWD
Red Jewel Tint
Luxury Package
Driver Confidence Package
Entertainment Package # 3
Towing Package
19" Chrome Wheels

·
Registered
88 Posts

I was looking for a large sedan to replace my '98 Olds GLS which has been GREAT! Liked the Lucern though it had just enough enough issues that I hesitated buying. My wife really wanted a foo-foo car but looking at any we could afford had back seats my 5 & 7 year olds felt cramped in. She was very Buick resistant because many of the "old" members of her family own Buicks.

We then got a chance to test drive the Enclave and we both learned to compromise. ::)

Boy it is going to be tough! :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts

How did I miss this thread?!? :jaw: I needed a car to replace my destroyed-by-drunk Subaru Outback :angryfire: , and the Enclave had everything that I was looking for in a vehicle at the time. :thumb: Ironically, I discovered the Enclave while "window surfing" just the night before the fateful accident.

·
Registered
265 Posts

my '04 jeep grand cherokee looked good but mechanically was costing me too much to repair and maintain so i spent about 2 months researching and shopping.
i must admit i was looking at another jeep and gmc terrain, but as soon as i saw the Enclave i knew i had to have have it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts