EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are those cubby holes on each side of the rear storage, in the floor. And what are the caps for/where do they go to? I just discovered this tonight and assume they are just extra storage, but I may be wrong. I don't get the (screw-on?) caps?[/color] :beer:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You can turn the screw-on caps counterclockwise and after they come out you can remove the ENTIRE rear console. It gives you DEEPER storage to the true "floor" of the vehicle if you need to pack more luggage, etc. It makes the depth of the loading floor LOWER. Our salesman showed us this.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rosita, wish I could help you!!! waaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

(Told my husband tonite he better clean the garage and make it nice for Halle's arrival. I'm feeling the urge to nest!) :D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
ccaats said:
You can turn the screw-on caps counterclockwise and after they come out you can remove the ENTIRE rear console. It gives you DEEPER storage to the true "floor" of the vehicle if you need to pack more luggage, etc. It makes the depth of the loading floor LOWER. Our salesman showed us this.
Never knew that! THKS! Wish I had your salesman!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ccaats said:
Wow, that's pretty cool, thanks ccaats! My salesman was great, but didn't know about this! In fact, as he was showing me the vehicle...I showed him some things he never knew...thanks to everyone on the Forum![/color]

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You're welcome, he was very knowledgeable and pointed it out because my wife mentioned how the "load floor" was so much higher than in her Montana. It isn't a big deal, but does add some "useable" height to the cargo area for luggage, etc.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That's weird....that looks like the same tray that comes standard with the vehicle? Why would they sell it as an accessory?

·
Registered
222 Posts
After taking some time yesterday to check this out it appears that the entire assembly of the tray can come out. If you pop open the two side pieces and un-screw the knobs on each side the entire cargo tray appears to lift out. It is a one piece assembly so it is possible the GM accessory is just a replacement/same one that is stock.

·
Registered
225 Posts
muljo said:
It is a one piece assembly so it is possible the GM accessory is just a replacement/same one that is stock.
Hmmm ... then it should be in the parts catalog. Note the writeup: "Maintain a consistent floor-covering style throughout your Enclave with this one-piece Cargo Tray that covers the hidden storage in the cargo area". Perhaps they originally planned to offer a simple cover for the larger storage area, with tray as an option; then decided most people would prefer shallow storage compartments with a more stylish cover? In that case, they ought to offer the original cover as an option for those of us who want to maximize raw storage.

ATTENTION ALL AFTER-MARKET SUPPLIERS LOOKING FOR A LAMBDA OPPORTUNITY!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts