EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering what color the little square is on all the door window switches in the driver door?, thanks,scott

its hard to see during the day.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
You gotta be kidding!!

Wait 'til tonight! :beer: :blob:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
So I says to myself, "Self, he really wants to know!" So I walk outside to the parking lot, sidle up to my 'Clave, open the door, and look... Those little squares aren't lights at all - merely little white paint spots, as far as I can tell. There are lights on the mirror adjustment switches and the window lock - they're yellow. It's is still daylight here (at least as much daylight as we ever get in the Northwest part of the country!), so I even put the key in the ignition, and turned the headlights on manually to try to fool the 'Clave, but nope, no lights! Hope this doesn't keep you from buying one!

BTW, welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, well, the reason i want to know, we were looking at the enclave, acadia, and outlook, really liked the fact that the enclave had options not available on the acadia and outlook, like power tilt and telescopic steering w/ memory, auto moveable front lights ect, but just did not like the dash layout on the enclave, would have gotten a acadia, but could not find one here local like we wanted,plus, the dealer would not budge, we loved them all and eneded up with a fully loaded outlook xr, minus the nav. i remembered that the enclave had the passenger express up and down, as the other two did not, and it would be as simple as replacing the switches out of the outlook with ones from an enclace, just wondered if the color of the back lighting on the switches was different like the dash lighting is.you know, like the enclave is blue, where the outlook is more orange.

i also called the dealer parts dept and the switches are on back order, and it would cost about 300 for both the driver and passenger switches, not worth that much, but with time i will be able to find them cheaper as more enclaves hit the road, thats whats nice about gm having the different models, a lot of parts are shared between them all. and using the different forums to get advice / and help, thanks again, scott

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I'm glad I was able to help, at least a little!

Enjoy the Outlook - it's a great car, too!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Well why didn't you just say this in the first place? ;D :cheers: We are willing to help even if you are a Saturn owner!

·
Registered
644 Posts
"but with time i will be able to find them cheaper as more enclaves hit the road..."

Was this a typo? Did you actually mean 'as more Enclaves are hit on the road?' As usual, just wondering....

Rockyp,
What was that movie? Was it Michael Keaton -- the idea man who carried around the recorder? I recall something about a morgue. He was an "idea man." Is that where the "so I says to myself, self...." comes from? Bsox? Others?

BB

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
blurrybill said:
"but with time i will be able to find them cheaper as more enclaves hit the road..."

Was this a typo? Did you actually mean 'as more Enclaves are hit on the road?' As usual, just wondering....

Rockyp,
What was that movie? Was it Michael Keaton -- the idea man who carried around the recorder? I recall something about a morgue. He was an "idea man." Is that where the "so I says to myself, self...." comes from? Bsox? Others?

BB
I don't recall, but since I talk to myself and the voices in my head all the time, the comment didn't strike me as all that unusual!!! Now I have to go back to planning our get together that I am the lone arranger of...

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
blurrybill said:

Rockyp,

BB
So I says to myself, "Self - where'd you hear that?" Self doesn't know... It's Friday - Self thinks it's nearly time to head home for a glass of :wine:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
scottginfla said:
thanks, well, the reason i want to know, we were looking at the enclave, acadia, and outlook, really liked the fact that the enclave had options not available on the acadia and outlook, like power tilt and telescopic steering w/ memory, auto moveable front lights ect, but just did not like the dash layout on the enclave, would have gotten a acadia, but could not find one here local like we wanted,plus, the dealer would not budge, we loved them all and eneded up with a fully loaded outlook xr, minus the nav. i remembered that the enclave had the passenger express up and down, as the other two did not, and it would be as simple as replacing the switches out of the outlook with ones from an enclace, just wondered if the color of the back lighting on the switches was different like the dash lighting is.you know, like the enclave is blue, where the outlook is more orange.

i also called the dealer parts dept and the switches are on back order, and it would cost about 300 for both the driver and passenger switches, not worth that much, but with time i will be able to find them cheaper as more enclaves hit the road, thats whats nice about gm having the different models, a lot of parts are shared between them all. and using the different forums to get advice / and help, thanks again, scott
scottginfla Hi. just a heads-up.................Don't know for sure ,but the mechanism for the Auto-up/down feature may be more than just swapping the door switches. There is a thermal (amperage based) sensor that can tell if the window is meeting too much resistance on the way up!! Like a kids hand, etc. An ordinary switch alone won't do it. You may need a new window regulator/motor, in the door. Just be advised and enjoy your sweet Lambda based ride.

·
Registered
721 Posts
blurrybill said:
Rockyp,

BB
The movie was "Night Shift" and his boss was Henry Winkler. Remember "this is Chuck telling Bill to SHUT UP"? Hilarious movie-Keaton was nuts.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Tralfaz said:
The movie was "Night Shift" and his boss was Henry Winkler. Remember "this is Chuck telling Bill to SHUT UP"? Hilarious movie-Keaton was nuts.
That's it, Tralfaz! You can come to the party, too. See bsox, the arranger. Thanks.

BB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts