EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the airbag light would come on every once in awhile over about 2 months but would alway go off with weeks in-between. But this morning as i was driving, out of no where, the airbag light came on, then the tire pressure monitor light was flashing. Then the message on the display said service airbag and service tire pressure monitor system. Then the radio went black and all dash displays and lights went out. After a few seconds the instrument panel came back on bright but no gauges where working. The airbag indicator was on, as well as the security, engine temperature, tire pressure, and traction lights. Then checking messages with buttons, showed tire pressure ----, Average fuel economy --- like it wasn't calculating. It seemed like everything was working lights, turn signal but nothing was showing on the dash.
I made it home, & turned off the car then tried to start it & nothing, didnt crank, as if it was a dead battery. But all the lights worked, so it shouldn't be, right? Waited a few hours & tried it again. Started right up with no issue. No lights on & all the gauges seem to be working just fine. What could have caused this? And will it happen again? Plz help. So confused 馃槙

Registered
2021 Enclave Premium AWD Dark Slate Metallic
Yes it can very well be the battery. How old it. I first would start there. Take it and have it checked out

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the airbag light would come on every once in awhile over about 2 months but would alway go off with weeks in-between. But this morning as i was driving, out of no where, the airbag light came on, then the tire pressure monitor light was flashing. Then the message on the display said service airbag and service tire pressure monitor system. Then the radio went black and all dash displays and lights went out. After a few seconds the instrument panel came back on bright but no gauges where working. The airbag indicator was on, as well as the security, engine temperature, tire pressure, and traction lights. Then checking messages with buttons, showed tire pressure ----, Average fuel economy --- like it wasn't calculating. It seemed like everything was working lights, turn signal but nothing was showing on the dash.
I made it home, & turned off the car then tried to start it & nothing, didnt crank, as if it was a dead battery. But all the lights worked, so it shouldn't be, right? Waited a few hours & tried it again. Started right up with no issue. No lights on & all the gauges seem to be working just fine. What could have caused this? And will it happen again? Plz help. So confused 馃槙
Hours later..
Just tried to start it again & back to NOT starting with gauges not working & lights on..馃槶

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it can very well be the battery. How old it. I first would start there. Take it and have it checked out
Hours later..
Just tried to start it again & back to NOT starting with gauges not working & lights on..馃槶
Well I took the battery, witch they said would not hold a charge.. So here I am $200 later & a brand new battery.. with no luck. Car still will not start, with the crazy dash.

Registered
2021 Enclave Premium AWD Dark Slate Metallic
Well looks like you did need a battery. You need to get that car to someone that can find the problem. It could be one or a hand full of problems. How old is your car? It could have a bad ground. Most cars have more than one. You need to get someone to look at it.

Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
Earlier years did have issue with the airbag connector under the seats. I had similar conditions as you described with my 2008, the fix was to repair the connector. A good diagnostic technician with air bag diagnostic scanner should be able to determine cause.

Registered
Have the battery tested, and replace if possible to confirm/eliminate.

Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
This is the post from my 2008 Saturn which gave me similar symptoms. After I repaired the airbag connector under the passenger seat I had no more issues, I sold that truck and as far as I know it is still on the road. I now have a 2015 Enclave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts