EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Buick Enclave CXL FWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full disclosure, I know nothing about engines. I feel embarrassed to ask, but it seems like something should be in this hole. Short backstory, purchased it used, everything the seller told me about it has been all lies. I’ve been having issue after issue and my husband is not willing to help me with anything. I’m having to learn things as I go. I do plan on changing my oil today and switching to synthetic. I’m sure they will notice and I’ll feel stupid. My first time posting with a photo, so forgive me if I have to put it in comments, I’m still new to this page.
Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment Entertainment Bumper

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youre ok. Nothing is missing.
Heres a pic of a 2009 LLT.
Note that its empty.
Though is that oil around it?
Where did the oil come from?

It says “access denied” when I click on the link. But if you’re saying nothing is missing, I feel much better.

Yes, it is (what appears to be) oil around it. I checked my oil and it looks like it has about a quart more than it should. I do know that is very bad, I don’t understand why the dealership had put that much in it, but I’m not due for an oil change, I’m getting it changed because of a slight knocking sound that last less than 3 seconds, does it once a day, but I’m concerned about it and my uncle confirmed it does have too much. I’m praying that’s why I’m seeing oil there and that there is nothing else wrong. I purchased it a little over a month ago, never added any oil, so I don’t suspect it to be a leak. I’m guessing it’s being pushed out because there is too much.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My daughter just bought a brand new car and it’s overfilled also. She parked it in my driveway and it dropped a bit the other day and again tonight when she was here. A brand new car and it leaks oil likely because of overfill, sometimes I wonder how a dealer can make a living.

If a vehicle takes 5 quarts for an oil change I usually put 4 in and start the vehicle for a minute or so, check for leaks then shut it off. Record my mileage, pick up and clean up my tools and then check the oil level after about 10 minutes or so and add enough to bring the oil level up to the top of the full mark.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Ive done about 35 oil changes on my 2010.
Manual says 5.5 qts with filter change. Thats what i put in.
And this is where the oil level has always been at after an oil change.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My daughter just bought a brand new car and it’s overfilled also. She parked it in my driveway and it dropped a bit the other day and again tonight when she was here. A brand new car and it leaks oil likely because of overfill, sometimes I wonder how a dealer can make a living.

If a vehicle takes 5 quarts for an oil change I usually put 4 in and start the vehicle for a minute or so, check for leaks then shut it off. Record my mileage, pick up and clean up my tools and then check the oil level after about 10 minutes or so and add enough to bring the oil level up to the top of the full mark.
My experience with the purchase of this vehicle has been a nightmare. But it wasn’t purchased at a certified dealership, it was a small used car dealership. Hard lesson learned

Ive done about 35 oil changes on my 2010.
Manual says 5.5 qts with filter change. Thats what i put in.
And this is where the oil level has always been at after an oil change.

living in south Louisiana, the price of oil, filter and disposal is similar to bringing in for an oil change are similar, so I just bring it in. It’s too hot, I can’t lift it to do it as quickly as they can, so the little price difference is worth paying. But I’ve never seen it being above where it should be. Mine was a bit higher, but not by much. I’ve only owned my vehicle for a month, so I appreciate the visuals. Now I’m not so concerned I was driving with too much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apologize. On some comments, I went to reply and realized I was ranting and irrelevant to the topic, so tried to delete those. I’m still learning this site. So some things appear to be out of order

1 - 7 of 7 Posts