EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to trade in our 2015 Enclave for a 2023 Avenir. Not a lot of inventory in the area but a couple have the Avenir Technology Package option which includes “Premium Ride Suspension” and “Chassis continuously variable real time damping”.

We love the Enclaves because we take very long driving trips so road comfort is a key.
What are the Premium Ride Suspension and real time damping options? Does anyone have experience with them and, if so, are they worth possibly waiting for one to be available? We leave for a long winter trip in January and would like to get the new car for the trip.

We can’t find a lot of detail online about them so would appreciate your thoughts.

· Registered
7,125 Posts
I know 2008 enclaves had special motor mounts.
Special in that they had a little nipple with a vacuum hose connected to it. The hoses ran back to another nipple on the intake manifold.
Vacuum assisted motor mounts.
The 2008 acadias also had the nipple on the intake... but it was capped off. Not used.
On the acadias, the cap usually dry rotted or fall off when owners did maintenance in the area and suddenly car ran bad due to a vacuum leak. Simple fix. Cap of the nipple.
How big a difference with the special mounts? I dont know.
Thats just 1 thing that may be done.

· Administrator
517 Posts
I test-drove two Enclaves before buying mine. One had continuously damping suspension, the other did not. The difference in the ride with the CDS was all I needed to get the Premium package. If possible, try to do the same test before you buy. I think you will agree that it is worth the extra bucks. This Enclave is the best riding vehicle I've ever owned.

· Registered
277 Posts
The options to which you refer do exactly as they say - using advanced technology to constantly monitor the road conditions, speed, yaw rates, loads, etc. then adjusting the suspension to improve the ride as you drive. Everyone's perception of ride quality is different of course, but these systems are designed to enhance control and driving dynamics and improve overall comfort.

· Registered
2 Posts
I test-drove two Enclaves before buying mine. One had continuously damping suspension, the other did not. The difference in the ride with the CDS was all I needed to get the Premium package. If possible, try to do the same test before you buy. I think you will agree that it is worth the extra bucks. This Enclave is the best riding vehicle I've ever owned.
Thanks for the advice. I'll test it then, too.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your comments which were helpful. We ended up buying the 2023 Enclave with the premium suspension. The test drive was so smooth but we liked it even better after buying it. On the way home from buying it, we went over railroad tracks and could hardly feel them! We are very happy with the purchase and find more reasons for loving the car each time we drive it. Thanks again!

· Registered
2021 Enclave Avenir White Frost
33 Posts
Herky, the Avenir Technology Package is a bit pricy, however, the Buick dealerships order that package on 98% of the Avenirs they spec out, so that has to tell you something. In my humble opinion, it is worth every dollar, and you definitely made the right choice. Not to slight a Chevrolet product, we owned a 2016 Traverse LTZ, with every option, with the exception of AWD (living in NC). The ride and cabin quietness are unmatched in our 2021 Avenir, I must say. Many neighbors who have been passengers, have commented on the same. Despite the fact that both SUVs are powered by a 3.6L motor, Buick has done some remarkable tuning, granted the 5-year difference. Enjoy your new Enclave!

JCEJr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts