EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Of the the past (and current) Buick slogans, what is your favorite?

• When Better Cars Are Built, Buick Will Build Them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wouldn't You Really Rather Have A Buick?

• Buick Introduces Automobiles To Light Your Fire

• Beyond Precision

• Drive Beautiful (current slogan)

• None of the above, hire a new ad agency!!

• Take a Look at Me Now *New*

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or do you have any new advertising suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rollin Thunder said:
i dont know much about buick but i like chevy's like a rock slogan better.
We can always count on rollin to put his 2-cents in. :banghead:
Chevy like a rock....How about get stoned with Buick. :banghead: :banghead:

G

·
MRBUICK said:
We can always count on rollin to put his 2-cents in. :banghead:
Chevy like a rock....How about get stoned with Buick. :banghead: :banghead:
man, you always take everything the wrong way, i will explain it better

I DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUICKS SLOGAN, BUT OFF TOPIC HERE THINK THAT CHEVY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE "LIKE A ROCK" SLOGAN[/size] do you get it now. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I knew what you meant Thunder. I try to lay a little lower these days so I don't get "spanked" on these forums too much ;)

But since I am "ON TOPIC" here I will add my 2 cents. I think the Enclave is sexy, sex sells, seriously (everyone knows that), so without going over the top, it is a Buick, I think it should be advertised as a Lux, Sexy & Fun.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rollin Thunder said:
man, you always take everything the wrong way, i will explain it better

I DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUICKS SLOGAN, BUT OFF TOPIC HERE THINK THAT CHEVY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE "LIKE A ROCK" SLOGAN[/size] do you get it now. ;)
Don't get excited......it's only a forum :angel:
I may be old, but I am not blind. ;D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I really like the like a rock slogan too, my friend and i were talking about that the other day! ha

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
drive beautiful .... now, if i could get them to loan me michael burton for awhile when i get my enclave.... that is one fine hunk of man.

G

·
MsS42 said:
drive beautiful .... now, if i could get them to loan me michael burton for awhile when i get my enclave.... that is one fine hunk of man.
forget him, how about carrie underwood

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Whoa, MRBUICK, I love that slogan "getting stoned in a Buick". Leave is to us baby boomers to think of/like something like that. (I think you barely sneek in being a boomer, if I'm correct). I really like the old "Wouldn't you really rather..." but I voted for "Drive Beautiful" because young people will never go with the old slogan. [/color]

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hey Thunder, I watched your Jack Ingram video--he's pretty good![/color]

G

·
Rosita2001 said:
Hey Thunder, I watched your Jack Ingram video--he's pretty good![/color]
thanks, whats awsome, is he was here for the festiable of music, down at the ocean front, 5st and he was great, was a free concert too. i had fun, out with some buddes, wasent home to 5:00 am, we had a great time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well.....I might as well join in..........

"BOLD........BEAUTIFUL.......BELIEVE IT!!.......BUICK ENCLAVE" :thumb:[/color]

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I only know the drive beautiful slogan because of my minor addiction to the Michael Burton commercial on youtube. I don't know any of the others. I voted for better marketing.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
axiama said:
I only know the drive beautiful slogan because of my minor addiction to the Michael Burton commercial on youtube. I don't know any of the others. I voted for better marketing.
Some of those go back to the 50's (or earlier)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I do this sort of thing for a living, so I'm probably extra critical of all marketing/advertising efforts. However, I think Buick's current "Drive Beautiful" campaign has been done very well. The "cool" feel of the ads quickly sheds the "old grandpa" Buick image, and the styling of the ads, website and brochure all support the modern-luxury image they are striving for (not to metion Tiger Woods' perfect appeal to their new "younger" target market).

I think "Drive Beautiful" encompasses the overall new Buick message well. However, I do think it might gear slightly toward females just because "beautiful" has such a feminine connotation.

It's worth noting that the greatest advertising on earth won't save a bad product. Luckily for Buick's ad agency, they have a great product to work with, and that makes the job of advertising it so much easier. All they have to do is showcase this great looking product...and I think the current campaign does that very well. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Hey I love my Enclave, but reading the choices, the following came into my mind, so I thought to share with you. No offense to the great people building 'em for us.

When Better Cars Are Built, Buick Will Build Them - Yeah, give 'em another 100 years.
Your are quite old ....Wouldn't You Really Rather Have A Buick?
Your check engine light comes on....Buick Introduces Automobiles To Light Your Fire
Frustration Beyond Precision - (first waiting for arrival then taking to service and finding imperfections)
Drive Beautiful (current slogan) - Thanks I am already driving a Lexus

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
coop said:
Hey I love my Enclave, but reading the choices, the following came into my mind, so I thought to share with you. No offense to the great people building 'em for us.

When Better Cars Are Built, Buick Will Build Them - Yeah, give 'em another 100 years.
Your are quite old ....Wouldn't You Really Rather Have A Buick?
Your check engine light comes on....Buick Introduces Automobiles To Light Your Fire
Frustration Beyond Precision - (first waiting for arrival then taking to service and finding imperfections)
Drive Beautiful (current slogan) - Thanks I am already driving a Lexus

There is some truth to your modifications..........
These were only a sampling of actual slogans and ads used since the 1940's.

·
Registered
120 Posts
"BOLD........BEAUTIFUL.......BELIEVE IT!!.......BUICK ENCLAVE" [/color]

Juglake, I like your slogan.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
iDrive said:
"BOLD........BEAUTIFUL.......BELIEVE IT!!.......BUICK ENCLAVE" [/color]

Juglake, I like your slogan.
Considering how many Buick non-believers there are out there, you have a valid point. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts