EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
As soon as you can, with lots of warm soapy water.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Ironic that you ask, not my Enclave, but second car has tree sap on it that I noticed when washing. I was going to ask the same question. It is too late for me to do as Jacko said because it has been there quite a while. I have been reading about clay bars and both sites mention that it will remove tree sap. I was planning on trying that unless a better idea comes up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
lighter fluid works great and will not harm the paint.....................

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
rick418cars said:
lighter fluid works great and will not harm the paint.....................
I consider you one of the most knowledgeable guys on this site considering what you do for a living, but I just need to ask, you are serious here? This sounds very weird? Would hate to do anything to the finish on the car I am talking about as it is a blackcherry minca and is a beautiful color. Sorry to ask like this again. I have it on the finish as well as the weather stripping by the windows.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The easiest and simplest solution for tree sap is just soapy warm water. Clays, other cleaners can do more harm than good. You may have to scrub a little, but if you use a microfiber towel, you won't have any fine swirls on your beautiful paint job.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'vw always had great results with "Dawn" dishwashing detergent and a turkish towel or car-washing brush...and warm water.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Bug & Tar remover is very similar to lighter fluid, which is Naptha. It won't hurt the paint but can potentially mess with plastic and rubber. I use Meguiar's Paint Cleaner to remove deposits. If you use either Bug & Tar remover or lighter fluid it will strip the wax so be sure to rewax the spot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bug and tar remover(usually acetone based) will work. So will finger nail polish remover, paint thinner, acetone, gasoline and many other petroleum based solvents. All of these will remove any wax that is on the vehicle, so make sure to apply a fresh coat on the area cleaned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have mentioned this product before. Fukken cleaner & wax. Amazing job on removing tree sap & road tar. Purchased mine at a Harley dealer but have seen it in NAPA as well.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I can just hear their slogan -- "Get your car Fukken clean!".

Somehow, I have to believe that there was some thought given to that Fukken name... :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Another good motorcycle product that was taken off the market, but was now bought by another company is PIG SPIT. You use PIG SPIT before you use the Fukken wax

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
PAPoPo said:
an ancient chinese proverb states "no sap on car, no park under tree"
other old Chinese proverb:
Many man eat
But Fu Man Chu

1 - 15 of 15 Posts