EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our favorite Color: Blue Gold Crystal
(The color we ordered)

But, if things don't work out when we go to pick up our Enclave and pass final papers, etc..,
my husband and I were trying to decide what our back-up color would be if we had to take our business elsewhere.
(no dealership near us has the blue-gold)

So, Just wondering what everyone's second choice would be.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think we would go with Crimson.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I was thinking Crimson until I saw a Cocoa this weekend. I got so sick of seeing the cocoa on all the advertisements back in the pre-production days that I lost sight of what a cool color it is.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My favorite color is the blue-gold, but it is my wife's car, so she won out with red jewel.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Sorry to all of you, but there is only ONE color, WDT it is beautiful in all types of light, so many different hues.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
bsox said:
Sorry to all of you, but there is only ONE color, WDT it is beautiful in all types of light, so many different hues.
I ordered GoldMist, but I think White Diamond is awfully nice. $750 for the color...more awful, than nice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love the Cocoa (of course ... got it). I'd say second is White Diamond followed closely by Gold Mist.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It is Red Jewel or Blah!

With that said, I really do not want more Red Jewels on the road, so I vote Blah! :D

Carbon Flash was our first choice, since it wasnt available back then, we went with RJ, Now that I have seen Carbon, I am glad that it wasn't available.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Following is poll result from current owners, since color is ones' personal preference you can see, WDT, Cocoa and Red Jewel are among the favorite ones. (ignore the % it is not accurate)

Carbon Flash Metallic 6 (0.6%)
Dark Crimson 5 (0.5%)
Red Jewel 12 (1.3%)
Platinum 8 (0.9%)
Opal White 7 (0.8%)
Tri-Coat Diamond White 13 (1.4%)
Ming Blue 4 (0.4%)
Cocoa 20 (2.1%)
Blue Gold 6 (0.6%)
Gold Mist 9 (1%)

You can see other popular options @ http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=443.0

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
White Diamond Tricoat (which is what we have on order) is number one. Cocoa Metallic would have been our second choice.

·
Registered
317 Posts
4kids said:
Our favorite Color: Blue Gold Crystal
(The color we ordered)

So, Just wondering what everyone's second choice would be.
4kids,
Hope everything DOES work out because the Blue Gold Crystal is a great color -- unique and very easy to keep clean (in fact, it seems to look clean all the time, even with a lot of dust not having been washed for over a week).

Given that MY priority was having our Enclave as easy to take care of as possible, we originally ordered Platinum and then bought the Blue Gold that we found in MI. If the maintenance aspect is important: Platinum, WDT, Opal White, Gold Mist are all colors that should also be very low maintenance (in my book, that's NOT having to wash them all the time -- not seeing the dust or if you're caught in the rain, not seeing some light dirt).

Let us know how it all works out for you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
desgnconcpts: I'm glad you love your color. We really don't want to budge on the color. My husband says the same as you as it is easier maintenance. Also, our experience is that you don't see dings, etc.. as much either. NOT THAT I'M EXPECTING ANY DINGS!!!! ;D

coop: Your comment about red jew being "blah" made me laugh! We saw a red-jewel on a lot last month and I had said to my husband that it was a nice color and I could actually see myself in.

Actually, if I was able to seen any color Enclave on the road, I would instantly want that color too!

When I do a search for Enclaves in the MA/NH/RI area... a majority are Platinum, Cocoa, and White Diamond.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
We LOVE our Red Jewel, but Cocoa would have been our second choice. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
My wife (primary driver) was very skeptical of Red, we have nevered owned a red color vehicle before. Of course, I forced her to get in to Red since I saw it personally.

As always, she has forgotten all that and takes the credit on color at least. :-\

WDT is good also but I guess $745 is a lot of money for color. Cocoa IMO will look boring after first 3 months of ownership.

I think Ming Blue is another sharp color. Mo observation is with all the chrome used, darker color enchance the appearance a thousand times more.

Goodluck with your decision. ;D

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Our Enclave is our third red car, we currently own two of them.
My wife always loved red, and I am a recent red convert, last few years. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: What is your favorite Enclave Color? Runner Up? (Big Mistake... Nope)

Favorite Enclave Color: Gold Mist
Runner Up: Red Jewel

Thought I Made a Big Mistake.
I ordered a Gold Mist CXL in October and I picked it up on 1 Jan. However, I did not see the Gold Mist's two-tone color combination (in person) before I ordered it. After ordering it, I saw one picture in the Gallery, that showed the bottom part of a Gold Mist as having a medium chocolate color (pic may have been taken in very, very bright sunlight or maybe photo color and/or contrast was off). I thought I had made a mistake. But now that I have it .. it looks great ... even on bright sunny days, the bottom of the Enclave, looks very very dark brown* - it's almost black. The Gold Mist/Dark Brown is a great color combination - I love it !!

* It's like looking at your clothes that you have both in 'Navy Blue' and in 'Black'. If you want 'Navy Blue' - most times you have to take a second look to make sure it's not 'Black'.

·
Registered
379 Posts
bsox said:
I could not agree more BSOX!!!

If I couldn't have that, I would have gotten another White Opal like we have. I got both my first & second choice! :party:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
I ordered GoldMist, but I think White Diamond is awfully nice. $750 for the color...more awful, than nice.
We've got Gold Mist as well. We liked the White a lot....except the dirty factor. Wife wanted Cocoa but I really did not like the color. In hindsight, my wife really likes the Gold Mist particularly the way it hides dirt. Also hides the clear bra nicely. Saw a small rock bounce off the hood the other day. Just a wipe of the finger and all evidence of the hit was gone. Nice to see the investment working.

·
Registered
349 Posts
MRBUICK said:
We LOVE our Red Jewel, but Cocoa would have been our second choice. :thumb:
I've got the red jewel on my Denali and it is really growing on me. First red car and I was a little reserved but it is the nice deep dark red as opposed to the "arrest me red" or candy apple red. Really looks good after a polish session :thumb:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i think WDT and Carbon are tied with me :-\ but im pretty sure we will be getting the Carbon cause my mom likes it better,, but I have to clean it!! :angryfire:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts