EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title sais it all, does anybody know the bright ness of the enclaves light, i just installed a 12,000 K kit high and a 10,000 kit low on my XL and are SUPER BRIGHT, and the 12,000 are not street leagle but havent been stopped yet but dont use bright much, and i want to put 6000k on the fog, gunna look awsome but thats off topic. here,

my main questions are the brightness of the enclaves HID's and i noticed the FOGS look like projector are they halagon projector or are they also HID?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
title sais it all, does anybody know the bright ness of the enclaves light, i just installed a 12,000 K kit high and a 10,000 kit low on my XL and are SUPER BRIGHT, and the 12,000 are not street leagle but havent been stopped yet but dont use bright much, and i want to put 6000k on the fog, gunna look awsome but thats off topic. here,

my main questions are the brightness of the enclaves HID's and i noticed the FOGS look like projector are they halogen projector or are they also HID?
Brightness is a matter of watts, not Kelvin temperature color. I know 6000 K color is very white in appearance. But if you had them at only 15 watts, it would look weak! Don't know for sure what Enclave K color is, but I'm sure it's 6,000 K, or above. Your 10,000 must be awesome. But the wattage determines brightness.

The fogs are halogen bulbs. HID fogs just to costly to do for GM. Don't know any auto, of any brand, that has HID fogs. But you can get a "Blue White" appearance replacement bulbs if you check the auto suppliers. (Piaa and Sylvania etc.) Just stay very close to OE wattage rating to avoid switch failure, from heat!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to Xenondepot (an acadiaforum sponsor who makes aftermarket HID kits) the OEM HIDS on the Acadia are 4300 k. Not sure if the Enclave HIDS would be different, but most likely not.

It also appears from his posts that the temperature (k) affects the color more than anything - the higher the number, the more blue they tend to be.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
admin said:
According to Xenondepot (an acadiaforum sponsor who makes aftermarket HID kits) the OEM HIDS on the Acadia are 4300 k. Not sure if the Enclave HIDS would be different, but most likely not.

It also appears from his posts that the temperature (k) affects the color more than anything - the higher the number, the more blue they tend to be.
Once you get up around 10k they actually start going into the purple range. You actually get less VISIBLE light output from the higher k-range bulbs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BadAV - exactly right. Somewhere between 4300 and 6000k seems to be the purest white, and therefore the most brightness for a given watt. Higher or lower than that would show less and less of the color spectrum, therefore less visible light, less brightness.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as i recall ,the lower the better, but i wasn't looking for real light out put just cool looking, so 4300K is absolutly the best because its low and still puts out a TON of light and still has a blue tint, maybe i will sell the 10 and get 4300K for low but keep the 12K for high on the xl, thanks for the replys i was just curious after installing mine, also do the fogs look any different from the standard halagon, i know they are still halagon but they have a projector beam not just a bulb and some reflector stuff.

·
Registered
225 Posts
admin said:
BadAV - exactly right. Somewhere between 4300 and 6000k seems to be the purest white, and therefore the most brightness for a given watt. Higher or lower than that would show less and less of the color spectrum, therefore less visible light, less brightness.
I concur. OTT-LITE was an early promoter of high-priced indoor natural-daylight lighting (http://www.ottlite.com/). Their bulbs are in the 5000 - 5500K range, right where admin would expect them to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts