EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just filled up my Enclave for the first time and I couldn't find a "holster" to hold the cap. Am I missing something? I don't want it to just hang against the paint. I have several other cars and they all have a place to hold the gas cap when I'm filling the tank. They are all located on the back of the gas door. Can someone help me out before my paint gets scratched.

·
Registered
167 Posts
little hook on back of gas door, put gas cap leash over it

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I was surprised to find that there was no inside release for the gas cover. Has anyone purchased a lockable gas cap? All of my previous cars/trucks (foriegn made) had inside releases. I thought that was pretty standard.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Use the cap to hold the gas lever pressed. In NYC 99.99% of the pumps have missing latch to hold the lever, I dont know why, either they remove it deliberately or it just breaks off easily. So I use the gas cap to hold the lever and sit in the car while it is filling.

·
Registered
184 Posts
In New York, gas stations remove the latch that keeps the pump handle depressed, so that you have to stand there and hold the pump handle instead of being able to walk away from it. I think it's the law. Here in New York we never want anything that will make life easier or more convenient. That's why in New York City we have alternate-side of the street parking regulations, so that you have to move your car constantly and scramble for an inadequate number of parking spaces. It's like musical chairs, and those left standing get a $65 ticket.

Big Larry
[/color] :beer:

·
Registered
525 Posts
bsox said:
I was surprised to find that there was no inside release for the gas cover. Has anyone purchased a lockable gas cap? All of my previous cars/trucks (foriegn made) had inside releases. I thought that was pretty standard.
That was to make it more difficult to steal gas. Now the filler tube is blocked so you can't get a hose down into the tank to siphon the gas.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
jacko said:
That was to make it more difficult to steal gas. Now the filler tube is blocked so you can't get a hose down into the tank to siphon the gas.
The smaller entry hole in the filler neck was to prevent LEADED gas from accidentally being pumped into your car! Leaded gas nozzles are much fatter. ( even though only a few stations carry today!) As for the inside gas door release.....in NY........that would slow a gas thief by about 2.7 seconds!! The locking cap is much better.........but still no guaranty! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts