EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

How many miles were on your Enclave's odometer when its wave plate failed?

• 0-9,999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10,000-19,999

• 20,000-29,999

• 30,000-39,999

• 40,000-49,999

• 50,000-59,999

• 60,000-69,999

• 70,000-79,999

• 80,000-89,999

• 90,000-99,999

• 100,000-124,999

• 125,000-149,999

• 150,000-174,999

• 175,000-199,999

• 200,000+

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please indicate the approximate mileage that was on your Enclave at the time of wave plate failure, if you've experienced the problem.

***Please be sure to start with part 1 of this 3 part poll.***

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: What was your Enclave's mileage when its wave plate failed? (Poll 3 of 3)

Wow! Though it is disappointing to find out within this context, it is impressive that at least once Enclave owner has over 125,000 makes on his car's odometer. :eek:

·
Registered
6,825 Posts

Sounds like we are "good" up to 50K, based on results so far.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

??? Too few responses to be able to draw any interferences, yet.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

With so few votes cast so far, nothing valid can be drawn from this poll. Please cast your votes in order to help us establish a statistically value poll so that we may determine the typical timing of wave plate failures. Also, please remember to complete all 3 parts of this 3 part poll. Thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oops. . . sorry, I dozed off there waiting for the 'yes' results to match the one's I already posted three days ago.

;D :angel:

. . Falcon

PS. Wouldn't it be great if cars didn't have MAJOR breakdown issues? E.G. timing chains, wave plates, crankshafts, headgaskets, pistons, electrical systems. We would still need brake jobs, batteries, oil changes, wiper blades, maintenence items; but, no major failures or safety issues. Accidents would still happen, so parts would still need to be made.

Car companies could charge a little more up front at purchase time; but, a vehicle would last for, say, ten years, or 200,000 miles; then you'd be required to get another one. But, you'd be allowed to trade it before then if you wanted to, and you'd already know the exact value you'd get before going to trade. Dealers were then allowed to sell the used car for $250 more than the price they paid for it, plus the cost of parts (without markup, plus a FAIR labor wage) to bring the vehicle up to required safety standards (if required).

Yup. . .and then I woke up . . . . . . . . (again).

. . Falcon

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

:hilarious:

...and...

:hilarious2:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts

Falcon.... :cheers: :happy:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It is great to know someone who is intelligent, cynical, and funny all at the same time. :happy:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Please make your situation known. Place your vote now. Also, make sure to vote in all 3 parts of this survey. The other sections of the poll can be found at the top of the polls board. ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far, the only good trend that might be starting to take shape from the poll data is that the wave plates tend to fail within the lifespan of the drivetrain warranty. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
So far, the only good trend that might be starting to take shape from the poll data is that the wave plates tend to fail within the lifespan of the drivetrain warranty. :thumb:
Gold, to give you a breakdown, if you're looking at just the data I've collected (not the polls) on the Enclaves, the percentage represented that extends past the 100K mile drivetrain warranty period is currently 18.2%

If you factor other Lambda vehicles that I've also been tracking, the total percentage with the number of failures over 100K miles that cost owners out of pocket jumps to 30.8%, which isn't incredibly encouraging. That's why I stated in another thread last week that I believe once these 2008's start turning over 100K, that we're going to see the number of reports on wave plate failures rise exponentially. You agreed.

I assure all of the members on this forum, these figures are as accurate as various members have reported them over several threads and forums.

So, yes . . . the majority of failures DO take place during the 100K mile drivetrain warranty period. :thumb:

. . Falcon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined the forum, found it by searching on the transmission problems
Well, 2008 Enclave just went in the shop with a failed wave plate with 85K on the odometer

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
KS_Hunter said:
Well, 2008 Enclave just went in the shop with a failed wave plate with 85K on the odometer
:welcome: That's really good mileage to get out of them, you did well. I hope mine will go that far before needing it. Based on the above poll, the earliest someone has reported is 30K miles, or at least that range. I'm at 23K....not really wanting this to happen 7K miles from now.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KS_Hunter said:
I am sorry to read about your car's wave plate failure. If you haven't already done so, please also vote in parts 1 and 2 of the wave plate failure poll. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! I already voted in poll 1 & 2

So far the dealership has been great, we described the problem (no reverse and won't go out of 3rd gear) and they arranged towing and a rental car and said it would be covered under warranty. Sounded like they knew exactly what the problem was going to be most likely.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
KS_Hunter said:
Thanks! I already voted in poll 1 & 2

So far the dealership has been great, we described the problem (no reverse and won't go out of 3rd gear) and they arranged towing and a rental car and said it would be covered under warranty. Sounded like they knew exactly what the problem was going to be most likely.
Unfortunately, the dealership probably has lots of experience with this problem.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Looks like I hit the wave plate lottery tonight - coming home from my birthday dinner no less. Thankfully was within a mile so my family could walk home.

First surging and slipping, then 20 mph and then it wouldn't move in the middle of the road.

Guess I'm glad it's within warranty.

·
Registered
956 Posts
goochman said:
Looks like I hit the wave plate lottery tonight - coming home from my birthday dinner no less. Thankfully was within a mile so my family could walk home.

First surging and slipping, then 20 mph and then it wouldn't move in the middle of the road.

Guess I'm glad it's within warranty.
Oh man.....I have only about 100 miles left on my GMPP. Guess any failure will soon be my responsibility.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am sorry to read about your Enclave's wave plate failure. At least yours is still under warranty. My drivetrain warranty will expire toward the end of November due to the 5 year limit. At about $2,000 to repair, from what I understand, the cost to repair is substantial, but would be only about 4-5 monthly payment for a new car instead. It is still a more affordable bill from my perspective. Unwanted, but more affordable.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts