EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please describe your favorite Enclave road trip and what made it so memorable.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
June, 2011.

Bought the Enclave February, 2011. In June, my husband was traveling out of town and I had already said I would be on the tour of the GM plant in Lansing, MI.

I drove up the day before, met a classmate living in Toledo for lunch, chatted and spent a couple hours with her and her husband.

Back on the road to Lansing. Met up with a few for dinner and drinks the night before the tour.

Next day, had a great time watching how the Acadia, Traverse and Enclave were built.

Then I hit the road heading down to Merriville, Indiana. Spent the night with another classmate of mine, had a great time catching up.

The following day I was back on the road home.

Had a blast......

Now with my husband along, it would be our Thanksgiving trip to Florida in 2011. The Enclave is such a great vehicle for long distance trips. Next would be when we drove it in September, 2012 to NYC, Connecticut and Rhode Island....although he did the driving in NYC traffic.

Now it only gets driven when I go out shopping and such.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I think this has been the kids favorite......

Cows, bulls,coyotes, roadrunners, pigs, turkeys, roosters, horses, donkeys, cow bells, wood fired sweet bread, fishing with grandpa, grandmas cooking, their German shepherd keeping them warm at rest stop while it snowed outside.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=25033.0

·
Registered
795 Posts
rbarrios said:
I think this has been the kids favorite......

Cows, bulls,coyotes, roadrunners, pigs, turkeys, roosters, horses, donkeys, cow bells, wood fired sweet bread, fishing with grandpa, grandmas cooking, their German shepherd keeping them warm at rest stop while it snowed outside.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=25033.0
sounds like a fun trip. I have been on several fishing trips in Canada where it was so remote that you had to either fly in, or take the train. I've never seen stars so bright in my life at night as there was no electricity. Fun trip........

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
must have been some magnificent fish that were caught. :thumb:

·
Registered
795 Posts
rbarrios said:
must have been some magnificent fish that were caught. :thumb:
Yup, in fact one of the 17 inch Brook Trout is on my office wall. I've been trout fishing my entire life and that was one of the largest Brookies I've ever caught. Cost me $150 to have it mounted, but it's the memory that last's forever.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
July 2013 Indy to Rapid City South Dakota - Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park, Needles Highway
Sturgis, SD

Spearfish Canyon

Gillette, WY Devil's Tower.

Badlands, Wall Drug, John Deere History Museum, Boys Town

Council Bluffs, NE - Lewis & Clark Expedition Museum.

Just before our family of 5's adventure the front AC Evap Coil went out. Had it replaced before the trip. Glad we did. When we went to the Badlands National Park it was 106* by noon.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
cfedor said:
July 2013 Indy to Rapid City South Dakota - Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park, Needles Highway
Sturgis, SD

Spearfish Canyon

Gillette, WY Devil's Tower.

Badlands, Wall Drug, John Deere History Museum, Boys Town

Council Bluffs, NE - Lewis & Clark Expedition Museum.

Just before our family of 5's adventure the front AC Evap Coil went out. Had it replaced before the trip. Glad we did. When we went to the Badlands National Park it was 106* by noon.
Taking an almost identical trip with South Sioux City, Sioux City, Bad Lands, Rapid City, Sturgis, Gillette, Billings, Yellowstone (entering from the north, 2 days up there, then 3 days on the south end, Jackson, over to Denver and Colorado Springs, Omaha, and then head home. Hotels mostly 2 and 3 night stays so we can do a lot of exploring.

Have figured about 4500-5000 miles depending on how far off the beaten track and how many side trips we make. Looking at 21-23 days, with a day or two extra if we want before leaving Omaha to come home.

Not in an Enclave but in the Traverse. My wife retired in November and has always wanted to do a driving vacation with some of these points of interest. We were in Rapid City/Bad Lands a couple of years ago having driven from our home in Dallas at the time, but really wanted to see more of the area. That was about a 7 or 8 day trip which she had to use vacation time.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
:thumb: We did that 4,000 miles in 10 days. It was a great get away.

·
Registered
881 Posts
All of them! 8)

·
Registered
5,910 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
The one to the dealer where they gave us a 2015 Suburban LT in exchange while the Enclave was being repaired. It was memorable because we closed our eyes and pretended it was an even exchange.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a strange question because it seems to me that you have a task write an essay about it. And here you are waiting for answers. So, nobody will write huge textes here. If it really it, you should better order an essay on EssaysMatch

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
That's a strange question because it seems to me that you have a task write an essay about it. And here you are waiting for answers. So, nobody will write huge textes here. If it really it, you should better order an essay on EssaysMatch
What does any of that, you just wasted time typing to post, even mean? By the time typed all that, you could have just told your story.

Mine is a family trip to South Dakota and Wyoming. 3,800+ miles to Devils Tower, Mount Rushmore, Badlands, Needles Highway, Wall Drug, Lewis and Clark Expedition museum, Boys Town, a bunch of places all on 1 trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts