EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got the Sticker faxed over from my dealer. Looking it over I see that it is missing the Luxury Package, but has everything else in order.

Aside from given the dealer a hard time about it what does everyone think?

Will we miss the Luxury Package?

We ordered it originally as we thought it was the only way to get the heated side mirrors, but were corrected by someone here that that comes standard. We did not order it specificaly for any of the other options, but left the package on as we thought the headlamps would be really cool.

Can I live without this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would guess that you cannot really miss something you never had, right? The lights are a "cool" feature but I would not say it's a deal breaker. Make sure they adjust your selling price accordingly.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I would have liked the luxury package for the "power folding" mirrors. My 1927 garage is a bit tight. In the end, it will fit without folding the mirrors (it is tight), but I reach out the driver side window to fold that side because it am more comfortable with that.
With or without lux pkg, you will be ecstatic with your Enclave. :thumb:
Enjoy your Enclave!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
muljo said:
Well I just got the Sticker faxed over from my dealer. Looking it over I see that it is missing the Luxury Package, but has everything else in order.
Are your sure this is the car you ordered? A very typical dealer trick is to call you and tell you the car you want with the options you wanted is in, then, once you are in the showroom, they present a car with different options hoping you will just cave in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything appears to be in order. He does not have it yet. It is at 4800 status code, so it is not far away at this point. I have no reason to doubt this is my order. The only thing I can think of is once I called after learning about the Luxury Package constraints that I told him we could live without it if it is holding up the build, but he said that he did not see it as being constrained on my order in the system. So I expected it to still be there.

URGHH! Now if this is the only off-thing that happens I guess I can live with it. I still have not seen the P&S yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We've lived with the luxury package for about a month now, here's my 2 cents on it.

Articulating Headlamps: Nice conversation piece but little or no practical value, something else to break.

Power inverter: Haven't used it but could be useful to run a small vacuum cleaner, charge your cell phone, maybe plug in the kids Xbox..

Power tilt/telescopic wheel: I'm surprised how handy this is. On long drives I catch myself moving the wheel just to change positions and of course I no longer have to readjust the wheel after the wife has been driving. Not a deal breaker though.

Folding mirrors: Probably good if you park in a crowded garage. Also good for a laugh, I went out the other day and found my wife standing beside the car, scratching her head and looking at the mirrors. She had tried to adjust the mirrors but folded them in by mistake. She thought she'd broke them.

If I had ordered the Enclave from the factory I probably would not have purchased the luxury pkg.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
ronjon
Welcome to the forum. :thumb: Thank you for the detailed response.
I myself do not really miss the whole package. Some neat features for sure.
After driving the Enclave with all the complicated features, I will sometimes drive my 72 Chevy just to escape the technology. :cheers:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Going to disagree with ronjon about 1 thing:

I think the articulating headlamps are more than a conversation piece -- have them on my 07 Audi A4, and now on the CXL -- they ARE terrific and they DO work as advertised by giving you headlight beam in the path that you are turning instead of straight off into the direction you were going before the turn.

Also -- you "may" be better off without the power tilt/telescope -- it's been reported that range-of-motion on it is much more limited in the LUX powered version than standard manual tilt/tele. I have found that the range is NOT nearly enough, especially trying to lift the wheel higher. I've resorted to lowering my seat bottom in order to see the speedo and this is with the wheel in the uppermost position.

Regardless of all this -- I suspect your dealer pulled the LUX package in order to get your order built without waiting for an allocation with the LUX package. This is not a deal-breaker in my mind, but YMMV!

·
Registered
525 Posts
My CX with drivers confidence package has more bells and whistles than anything I've ever owned! I'd take the Enclave that was shipped, but be sure to have price adjusted, and start enjoying a really fine vehicle! ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will start with a disclaimer, I have no reason to believe my dealer is :bs: 'g me, but this is coming handed down from "GM" through a few Reps.

My Dealer stated that he did NOT remove the Luxury Pkg. We went through my order throughout the process, from the time I ordered through allocation to build date. The Luxury Pkg is there. It was pulled the week it was built - AT THE FACTORY! He called his GM Rep who then called the Zone Rep and they confirmed that at times the factory will build without a package due to various reasons. They would NEVER expect them to do it on a customer order (maybe a stock unit) so they tryed to get a reason from the factory. The reason they were given is that there is a mechanical issue with the headlamps and this option is not currently going to be added to Enclaves being built until it is resolved.

So, the proof will be in anyone else who ordered the Luxury Pkg who had build dates of at least last week (17th) and their Enclave's arrive without the Luxury Pkg.

Please let me know, or at least be aware of this. Maybe an insider could confirm or deny??? ???

·
Registered
413 Posts
This may be true but sounds strange to me.

1) There have not been any reports (that I can find) on this forum of problems with the headlamps.
2) I find it hard to believe the factory would just change a custom order.

I guess it's always possible the supplier of the headlamps has run into a manufacturing problem but this sort of thing usually happens at the beginning of production not months into production.

My Enclave should be built and was ordered with the Luxury pkg; I will find out the status tomorrow. If it was build without the Luxury pkg I will not accept it; the reason I placed a custom order was to get the colors and equipment I wanted.

I guess time will tell!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
43sbest said:
This may be true but sounds strange to me.

1) There have not been any reports (that I can find) on this forum of problems with the headlamps.
2) I find it hard to believe the factory would just change a custom order.

I guess it's always possible the supplier of the headlamps has run into a manufacturing problem but this sort of thing usually happens at the beginning of production not months into production.

My Enclave should be built and was ordered with the Luxury pkg; I will find out the status tomorrow. If it was build without the Luxury pkg I will not accept it; the reason I placed a custom order was to get the colors and equipment I wanted.

I guess time will tell!!
And I'm in 100% agreement with youse. If it's not like I ordered it, someone else will get themselves a nice car. I've waited since May 18th, I can continue waiting. 8)

·
Registered
509 Posts
This actually does happen, and is VERY common.

Right now, on the new 2008 Cadillac CTS, lots have been ordered, both for dealer stock and customer orders, and one option in particular--wood on the steering wheel and shifter--which is part of another package and/or separate is being deleted from orders submitted with it and a credit placed on the sticker. The issue? Supplier problems, and the parts just aren't available yet.

Happens when there are factory/line issues with parts as well, which may be the case with the headlamps. Does NOT mean owners with vehicles so equipped already may have problems, but that a manufacturing defect has developed due to whatever reason, there's a supply issue, etc. If this is the problem, one thing that could be done is just to delete the lamps and keep the rest of the luxury package as ordered--with a credit--but we'll see if anything like that turns up IF this is a real issue.

But, yes, it happens all the time. Just in recent memory, aside from the new CTS wood option, I recall extended length Trailblazers and Envoys having addendums on their stickers at one time for power rear vent windows that were deleted (instead fixed) due to an issue, and a combination of rear sensors & power pedals on new Tahoes & Yukons that had them standard, again due to an issue of whatever variety.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmmm....From Donlen's web site:

Buick Luxury Package (PCK) may increase lead time by 2 to 4 weeks or more due to capacity restrictions on Power Tilt Steering Column (N38) and Steerable Headlamps (TSH)

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Now that I dig way back in my memory to 1985, when I ordered my very first Buick, I remember it coming in missing an option I ordered. It seems there was a shortage of parts, and it was credited. I don't remember what the item was, you know how us OLD Buick people are ???.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We ordered the luxury package also. We were told our original build date of 9/10 was changed to 9/17. (Our Enclave was shipped on 9/18--still waiting for the call) I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

I'm not sure what we would do if our Enclave shows up without it. I definitely would expect a credit or discount. But, we did custom order and we cut the navigation out because of the cost and went with the Luxury Package instead. Now, we are kicking ourselves that we didn't get Navigation. On the other hand, we would be very happy if they screwed up and put Navigation in by accident!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yep, seems the issue is exactly like I said--there's a supply issue with more than one part. Odd that they've chosen to delete it from some and hold others because of it, but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
What the ??? ??? ??? I just read this thread and am VERY concerned! Our order with LUX package is/was supposed to be built this week. I would expect GM to have my dealer notify me BEFORE my Enclave is built that there is an issue with the LUX package (or one of its items) and either give me the option of WAITING or cancelling the LUX package, not just cancel the LUX package with no notification. This is a SERIOUS issue if that is what is happening. Will someone PLEASE confirm this from LDT?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Don Willems, where are you? We need you. :help:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Honestly, the Lux package is nice, but except for a very small improvement in lighting on turns.......no big deal! You can even use the stock, wide angle fog lamps, to help compensate on dark roads!

As for the telescopic st wheel, as stated previously, the manually telescopic (standard equipment!) is fine! And more flexible!

I haven't used my 110 volt inverter yet, but I would buy a plug -in model (cigarette lighter port!) at any auto store for $39, to match the modest 140 watt capacity of the OEM unit, and store it in the rear, if I had to have one!

In other words, if the color is right.........GRAB the car! You'll love it!!! And as for NAV screen, you've got Turn by Turn On Star for a year...FREE! I've used it and it's great!! You saved $2,000! Go out for dinner in your new Enclave!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts