1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
661 Posts
Who knows? Someday the raiders may win more than a game now and then!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The B pillars are black instead of matching the body color. Before we even picked the vehicle up I knew I wanted to paint those black. I thought it interupted the flow of the lines of the vehicle. When I picked it up, I noticed there was a major paint run under the clear coat on one of the b-pillars so the dealer offered to repaint it. They agreed to paint it a different color then I only had to pay to have them paint the otehr side to match.

Before I finally took it in, I took before and after pictures with black construction paper taped over those to be sure it looked better that way.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Chaulk another one up for the CBM. :D

Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes, this was something many on other boards, etc. have brought up since first seeing the Enclave, especially in lighter colors. Didn't "hit" me in any negative way, really, but I definitely like the more complete look with that pillar blacked, given it's natural position in between the windows and the continued chrome trim.

Could have just been an issue of not wanting to separately paint that area or have separate black pieces to fit there...in addition to wanting to keep it as a design element, with that space body color.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
caddycruiser said:
Yes, this was something many on other boards, etc. have brought up since first seeing the Enclave, especially in lighter colors. Didn't "hit" me in any negative way, really, but I definitely like the more complete look with that pillar blacked, given it's natural position in between the windows and the continued chrome trim.

Could have just been an issue of not wanting to separately paint that area or have separate black pieces to fit there...in addition to wanting to keep it as a design element, with that space body color.
Thing is, it is removable and I would assume they would recieve this as a part from a supplier and assemble it to teh vehicle at the plant. Seems like it would have been easier to just have the supplier apply the blackout tape that is around the other window trim area and have it all match. One less thing to sequence in the plant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts