EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
XRDreamliner said:
Zaino example on my RS-4... Dawn/Clay Bar/2 coats of Z-5/2 coats of Z-2/One application of Z-CS clear seal

Not bad either. But I think there is more of a "mirror reflection" with the Meguiar's Gold on my Red Jewel "Cherry-Ot".

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
It's all in the prep (clay bar and polish). Here are a few pics of our cars with Collinite 845. It's a cheap $15 sealant. It's not known for giving a great look, but it can last six months or more. I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Grimm said:
It's all in the prep (clay bar and polish). Here are a few pics of our cars with Collinite 845. It's a cheap $15 sealant. It's not known for giving a great look, but it can last six months or more. I think it looks pretty good.
Now that is a mirror! Great lookin', Grimm!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
cfedor said:
Now that is a mirror! Great lookin', Grimm!
Thanks. The first time I polished the black one (about 8 years ago after I got it) I used that sealant and submitted it on the forum over at Autogeek.net. They actually ended up using 2 of my pictures on their Collinite page. Just looked and they are still there.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I haven't seen a bad photo yet. Basically, if you take care of your car and don't use a cr*p product, it will look good. LOL. Here is our 01 SLS, photo taken in the Spring of 2013 I believe (car was 12 years old) , right before we traded it. Always used Zaino on it since we got it in 2003. Getting a mirror image on a light beige car is tougher than a black car - jusy sayin'. :cheers:

Here is the MKS at 3.5 years old

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
NICE, TSS! :thumb: :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have used Zymol for many years and found it to work quite well on my vehicles. At one time, all new Porsches came with a bottle of Zymol.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I think GoldEnclave chimed in on this posts ago, Brazilian. :hilarious:

I use Meguair's Ultimate Carnuaba.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Just got done today with the annual Meguiars Gold Class enclave wax job. She was still beading water. The paint is so thin... :happy: Hope the Vette (the imaginary one I'm getting in 12 yrs) is better :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I am almost scared to admit that I typically rely on rainwater and biannual automatic car washes with the full treatment. :scared:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Meguiar's Gold about 3 or 4 times a year. I was wrong in my reply #69 above. NOT Ultimate.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Was thinking of going synthetic almost 9 yrs. ago when I got the BMW, but stuck with good ol' fashioned Meguiars which I've been using since 1998

The cleaner wax too, works miracles, like taking huge scratches out of the Nissan (squeegee man / Holland Tunnel, scrape from apt. complex). It worked on the BMW too. For some reason it does NOT work on the Enclave, however.

Just waxed the GM for winter 15/16

note some embedded **** on the hood

edit: p.s. this thread documents the last time the GM got waxed, just shy of 13 mos.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Isn't your Nissan like a 1998? IIRC, many of the foreign makers still used single stage paint (no clear) until recently. A cleaner wax has some fine abrasives that probably can minimize scratches on single stage paint.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
The Nissan is a pearl, Artic White (not misspelled,that's how Nissan did it), as demonstrated when a new fender was $37, but the paint $400/pint, and that since 1998, there was no touch up available... if I had a paint depth gauge I think I could confirm what I suspect with the GM. To the fingertip, it feels thin. Opening the doors, one can see the top coat is lacking in the places one doesn't see (never heard of that, it's not the case with the Nissan)

edit: here's a post I found from 2003, when the vehicle would have been 4 1/2 y.o., a person made this suggestion on doing touch-ups

FYI: For those Maximas with Artic white Pearl paint:
First use Paint code QNO base coat, then use code QT1 top coat (icelandic pearl), then clear coat to get it to match original. Wait for each coat to dry well.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Yeah, most of the Japanese manufacturers didn't use clear on white up until recently (or they may still use single stage). Single stage is usually softer than a clear coat paint, so scratches are easier to repair.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts