EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car checked in September for a wheel balance problem - it resulted in the Road Force finding that 3 out of the 4 wheels were out - 2 by a good amount.

I have started to have problems again and once again they found the 2 rear tires out of balance. One by 2.5 ounces. I only have 4400 Kms on the car , and I don't hit kerbs - just road defects. this seems quite a large imbalance.

They were spot on when they were done last time, they had to break the bead and rotate 2 to get them within GM accepted limits.

I am getting concerned as to what will happen when tire rotation time comes round.

I also noticed that the 08 Acadia has Goodyear Eagle tires on the 19 inch rims.

·
Registered
360 Posts
We are all special here! ;D

I have not had any problems with the Enclve rubber. But, on another vehicle I had an experience that was similar to yours. I kept having "shimmy" issues with the car. I would have them rebalanced and the problem would go away for a while only to return in a couple of thousand miles. I finally had the tires replaced (they had less than half of their tread life gone). The new set is what is currently on the car and they are fine.

I believe that I had a defective tire or tires and suspect that there was a broken cord. The tire guys thought so too, especially since they were selling me a new set. The others were out of warranty. :banghead:

Could this be your problem? ???

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
No problems here.

I had similar issues on another vehicle several years ago. I think xrayman may be on to something. I had to have my tires road force balanced twice. The first time everything was fine. The second time they could not balance them due to some internal separation in the tire. They had simply become bad enough that they could not be balanced. You may have tires going bad on you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts