EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

wheel locks for CXL standard rims

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mss42 
#1 ·
Anyone buy wheel locks yet for their Enclave yet? I am getting the standard 19" rims for the CXL (they have the exposed lug nuts)
GMpartsdirect has a full set that includes all lugs (even the non-locks) (p/n 17801711 ), but it says its for 20" rims only? Any advice?

#3 ·
can someone explain to me why the wheel locks do not come w/the vehicle already?

#4 ·
MsS42 said:
can someone explain to me why the wheel locks do not come w/the vehicle already?
Don't know but I let the GM rep know it on the Enclave Premier night (I wasn't happy). She said it probably wasn't cost-effective for them.
Of course this rep didn't even know how many lug nuts it had (without looking at it).

#5 ·
MsS42 said:
My guess is that 90%+ of the country sees no need for them. Do people really steal rims in your parts of the country? That would suck.

#6 ·
zman said:
My guess is that 90%+ of the country sees no need for them. Do people really steal rims in your parts of the country? That would suck.
no one has bothered to take mine, then again, i dont have those really expensive aftermarket ones on my car either. this is california and some people are very flashy around here. some have rims that spin and do all kinds of stuff, looks silly to me. makes absolutely no sense to put rims on a car that cost in excess of 4-5 grand per rim. unbievable what some people do. when you see stuff like that usually but not always they are living the fast life and those type are not my cup of tea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.