EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Elsewhere recently on this blog, a contributor kindly posted that orders for the 2009 Enclave will be accepted starting April 17th, with initial production starting June 16th. Assuming this to be the case, then the new-model year would be in phase with the season when the Enclave was originally introduced, rather than the usual early fall.

·
Registered
509 Posts
lingohocken said:
Elsewhere recently on this blog, a contributor kindly posted that orders for the 2009 Enclave will be accepted starting April 17th, with initial production starting June 16th. Assuming this to be the case, then the new-model year would be in phase with the season when the Enclave was originally introduced, rather than the usual early fall.
Yes. Ordering starts in April. Production in June. And the first '09 Enclave's should start rolling onto lots in July.

·
Registered
107 Posts
typically the NMY starts after the July shut down which is the first two weeks in July...........'09s after that

·
Registered
7 Posts
As we decided to wait it out till the 2009's come in (really wanted the 2008 but couldn't afford tow car loans at once so will have to wait a little for our Enclave) and was told by our dealer that they wouldn't start accepting orders until mid June. This sounds like a couple of months later than what was mentioned here so I would appreciate additional info if anyone hears differently.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Speaking of '09's, is it just me or does it seem very wrong that the (I think it's the 2009 Nissan Murano) is already out[/color]. In January 2008, they are selling 2009s! What's wrong with this picture!!!!! Why put the years on the cars if they're going to be doing this, geez I can't enjoy having a "new" car for only a few months before the next model year is already out, I feel like my car's old already. I thought they were supposed to wait until the current model year's at least half over before releasing the next year. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now. Just had to vent! :angryfire:

·
Registered
22 Posts
they skipped the 2008 model year, i think that has something to do with it, but yes, its a little ridiculous

wasn't the 08 enclave out in march or april?

·
Registered
22 Posts
courtesy of caddycruiser in another thread:

Actual dates:

April 1: Order cut-off date for 2008 Acadia/Enclave/Outlook
June 18: Production of 2009 Acadia/Enclave/Outlook starts

Usually, after that order cut-off in April, they will completely finish build-out of the current model year in late May or the first few days of June. They then close down for 2 weeks for a vacation/switchover, and start production on the 18th of June. Then the first of the 2009's will start rolling onto lots in early-mid July.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any idea if the dealers already know any info about the 2009? Colors maybe? That's the most importatn thing to my wife. We're going to look at the 2008 tomorrow just to get an idea of the car actually looks like up close and inside. I don't think I want a first year run unless they offer up a really really good deal. I went through that on my 00 Lincoln LS and swore I would never buy another 1st year car. Anyway the Enclave looks really nice and will fit our needs. We are looking for something for trips and something that can hold 5 or 6 people. The wife will not be caught dead in a mini van..!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts