EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sailfish said:
Funny how Chicago's homicide rate trends tracks the rates I posted for the rest of the USA for the same time periods. Again, completely lacking causation of any sort.

Anyhow, at this point you are just making me feel sad for you. Kinda like when I try to explain algebra to my 6 year old. He wants to get it, but . . .

UNSUBSCRIBE.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
slybarman said:
Funny how Chicago's homicide rate trends tracks the rates I posted for the rest of the USA for the same time periods. Again, completely lacking causation of any sort.

Anyhow, at this point you are just making me feel sad for you. Kinda like when I try to explain algebra to my 6 year old. He wants to get it, but . . .

UNSUBSCRIBE.

Awwww...don't feel sorry for me...after all I don't feel sorry for you.

Have a great day! ;D ;) :cheers:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
It would be so very boring if we all agreed. :angel:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Here is a great idea...awesome idea....fantastic idea....something I totally support!

You want to own a gun, any gun.....then you people need to get behind and support this 100%!!!!!

Personalized guns, or "smart guns" as they are sometimes called, allow the purchaser of a gun to designate authorized users who can operate the gun and render the gun inoperable for all others -- particularly children, teenagers and criminals. We strongly believe this technology presents a modern solution to the persistent epidemic of gun violence that is in the interest of, and should be embraced by, all gun owners and gun safety advocates alike.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-john-f-tierney/smart-guns_b_3398191.html

The idea for this technology is not new. In the wake of several incidents of gun violence in the late 1990s, then-President Clinton initiated grants to develop such personalized gun technology. The largest beneficiaries of those grants were gun manufacturers, such as Massachusetts-based Smith and Wesson, the largest handgun maker in America, who developed the technology and consequently shelved it as a result of gun lobbyist pressure. With more than 30,000 Americans killed by guns each year and approximately 87 killed every day, think of all the lives and never-ending grief that could have been saved in the last 10 years if this common sense and readily available technology was brought to market in the United States.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yah, we should definitely do that.....after we make all automobiles not start without blowing into a breathalyzer, and have internal cell-phone jamming equipment.....because that kills over 30,000 people a year in the US. vs. the gun HOMICIDE rate of 11,000/yr. Tell me again how we keep criminals from buying one of the undocumented millions of guns that are already out there while we're imposing cost and inconvenience on law abiding citizens?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
So do you have any better ideas then? Because the link I posted is a start. And all it takes is that first small step.

·
Registered
299 Posts
How about we enforce the existing gun laws; throw criminals that use guns in crime in jail for life; make prisons something other than a country club; and make gun safety courses more readily available? We need more jails like Sheriff Arpaio in AZ. Crime will go down if there is a deterrent. Right now, there is none. Prisons are a better environment than where many criminals are coming from.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Orion42 said:
How about we enforce the existing gun laws; throw criminals that use guns in crime in jail for life; make prisons something other than a country club; and make gun safety courses more readily available? We need more jails like Sheriff Arpaio in AZ. Crime will go down if there is a deterrent. Right now, there is none. Prisons are a better environment than where many criminals are coming from.
That we agree on! :thumb:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
AND????? :'( :eek:hno: :angryfire:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
:'( How about NOW????

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Why?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Just a prediction. There are too many people who see any regulation as the first step in the govt overstepping their bounds. Not entirely without merit, IMHO.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Yet, President Reagan knew the problem with average citizens owning assault type rifles. Too bad that ban was left to expire.

Now we have had more police murdered and I just read about another night club shooting in Florida.

I do not object to owning handguns or hunting rifles, heck I own 3 handguns. I just object to a weapon fashioned for the military to be used for "massive kills" being in the hands of the average Joe who has had absolutely NO military training.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts
About this Discussion
133 Replies
9 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing