EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get specific detail about where the amplifier is located in a 2008 Enclave CXL with the 10 speaker Bose system with DVD/NAV. Pictures/diagrams would be great. My sound totally stopped working yesterday, including the clicking sound on the turn signal, even though the Stereo/DVD looks like it's still working fine. I've seen other posts with this same issue and all I can find says its a bad amp, but I'm hoping maybe just a cable came lose on the amp? My GM Certified warranty expired last month (of course). Any help is appreciated. Leaving for a long road trip in 10 days and really hoping to have sound by then and avoid an expensive fix at the dealer.

Thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Remove the left side insulator panel which is under the dash above the driver's legs. The amplifier is located to the left above in the emergency brake area. It is only held in with four screws according to the manual. Not too uncommon of a problem. Search the Acadia board, there have been several posts over there about it.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I'm taking the simple route first.

Aaron, Welcome to the Forum.

. . Falcon

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
aameyerrenke said:
I'm trying to get specific detail about where the amplifier is located in a 2008 Enclave CXL with the 10 speaker Bose system with DVD/NAV. Pictures/diagrams would be great. My sound totally stopped working yesterday, including the clicking sound on the turn signal, even though the Stereo/DVD looks like it's still working fine. I've seen other posts with this same issue and all I can find says its a bad amp, but I'm hoping maybe just a cable came lose on the amp? My GM Certified warranty expired last month (of course). Any help is appreciated. Leaving for a long road trip in 10 days and really hoping to have sound by then and avoid an expensive fix at the dealer.

Thanks, Aaron

Aaron,
I would like to also welcome you to the forum! This is a great place to get very useful information from a great group of people! Have you been able to get this issue resolved? If you are still experiencing this please feel free to send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? Either way, please keep me posted and if you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hi Pelham2,

We are sorry to hear this! Please let us know if you need further assistance. Feel free to send a private message at any time so we may get you in contact with your dealership for technical advice.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Pelham2 said:
Anyone have pictures of the amps on the 2008 Buick Enclave....No sound anywhere and of course my warranty is expired

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Rear left fender well inside the liftgate cargo area outer wall. I believe.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
cfedor said:
Rear left fender well inside the liftgate cargo area outer wall. I believe.
Perhaps it's on the right, because the jack is on the left. I just had that off on the left side this weekend.....daughter asked what was behind there, and I had forgot, so I looked behind. Of course it takes me and my wife to figure out how the darn thing goes back on....why they didn't just put a hinge is beyond me.

Oh yeah....and access to the power liftgate mechanizm is also on the left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lost all audio on my 2008 this week. Another in a series of issues with this vehicle. Getting ready to trade it in (maybe not a GM at this point!). Need to get the radio working first. Is it a safe bet that if the Radio appears to work on all functions but there is no audio from anything (including turn signals and warning beeps/buzzers), that it is an amp failure? Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
402 Posts
FL103Dave said:
Lost all audio on my 2008 this week. Another in a series of issues with this vehicle. Getting ready to trade it in (maybe not a GM at this point!). Need to get the radio working first. Is it a safe bet that if the Radio appears to work on all functions but there is no audio from anything (including turn signals and warning beeps/buzzers), that it is an amp failure? Thanks,
Dave
Does your Enclave have the rear entertainment package? If so, you need to see if the port in the back (head phone jack) works if it is then is is possible that the problem is within the amp or even one of the speakers. That's what the tech at my dealer told me with the issue I am having in my Silverado. If this port is also dead then you have a problem either withing the radio unit or a main wire issue. This port for the headphones bypasses the amp.

You may what to check fuses and pull the radio to check the connectors on it to see if it is something as simple as that. gl

·
Registered
4 Posts
I checked the fuses last night and pulled the Amp fuse to maybe reset the amp with no luck. Thanks for the advice - I will check the rear output tonight!

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you do need to change the amp, there is a good how too post on the Acadia Forum. A search should find easily. Hope you have small hands for getting to the bolts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like I can join the club of defective amplifier owners! The audio works in the rear. Thanks for the tip on the instructions and no, I do not have small hands ??? Another $250 into this beast!

·
Registered
402 Posts
FL103Dave said:
Looks like I can join the club of defective amplifier owners! The audio works in the rear. Thanks for the tip on the instructions and no, I do not have small hands ??? Another $250 into this beast!
Aside for the possibility of this being the amp if could be a speaker too. From what the tech told me, a shorted out speaker could cause this issue too. I am not sure what is the best way to test them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
with all these complaints of no sound, why isn't Gm taking responsibility for the issue? My 08 has the same issue, dealer say's $650. He says the wires under the passenger seat are corroded to the amplifier. He also informed me that I should replace my transmission, which was rebuilt at the dealer @ 95,000 miles, it only has 132,000 on it now. It makes no sense at all, I am very disappointed GM !!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I replaced the amp over the weekend. Only took about an hour! The real pain is that the wires are not long enough to pull the module down before disconnecting, Not a big deal to disconnect but installing is a pain. I pulled the BCM and the plastic BCM bracket to get access to the wire connectors. The three screw were fairly uneventful after all the hype I read. The front lower one did require a swivel joint to get the socket on the screw but it came right out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. Factory should accept this as a defective part, but of course they rather charge $650 for the replacement. I'm glad this problem came up before I upgraded my Enclave. Now I'm searching for other brands I used to buy before Buick. I originally picked Buick because I thought this was supposed to be a high level quality. Now I'm just disappointed. Definitely won't purchase Buick again

1 - 20 of 35 Posts