EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Mich1982 said:
I have the same problem. Factory should accept this as a defective part, but of course they rather charge $650 for the replacement. I'm glad this problem came up before I upgraded my Enclave. Now I'm searching for other brands I used to buy before Buick. I originally picked Buick because I thought this was supposed to be a high level quality. Now I'm just disappointed. Definitely won't purchase Buick again
Yep, none of the other luxury car manufacturers have service departments because of the high level of quality parts they use. Good luck with your choice of vehicles.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
FL103Dave said:
Well, I replaced the amp over the weekend. Only took about an hour! The real pain is that the wires are not long enough to pull the module down before disconnecting, Not a big deal to disconnect but installing is a pain. I pulled the BCM and the plastic BCM bracket to get access to the wire connectors. The three screw were fairly uneventful after all the hype I read. The front lower one did require a swivel joint to get the socket on the screw but it came right out.
:welcome: to the Forum FL103Dave! Does your sound work now ???

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Gilhulyr said:
with all these complaints of no sound, why isn't Gm taking responsibility for the issue? My 08 has the same issue, dealer say's $650. He says the wires under the passenger seat are corroded to the amplifier. He also informed me that I should replace my transmission, which was rebuilt at the dealer @ 95,000 miles, it only has 132,000 on it now. It makes no sense at all, I am very disappointed GM !!!!!!!
:welcome: to the Forum Gilhulyr! Is he the same service manager that was at the "stealership" when you had the transmission done the first time? Did they give you any price assistance the first go around? If not, have you looked into filing for a reimbursement with the new 10 year / 120,000 mile TSB on the transmission? It wouldn't hurt to look into that. I also wonder IF anyone of us had to endure the transmission replacement twice, if GM/Buick would honor the 10/120,000 extra warranty ???

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Looks like I can join the club of defective amplifier owners! The audio works in the rear. Thanks for the tip on the instructions and no, I do not have small hands ??? Another $250 into this beast!
I have noticed my left rear passenger door speaker going in and out for quite awhile. Now the front right passenger door speaker is all staticy and poppy crackling. Grabbed a new 08 head unit off ebay for 215.00 total. Will have to figure out how I can eject my NAV disc from my unit to use in the new unit. Install the new head unit and have it programmed to my VIN. Played around with removal of the amp under the steering column last weekend, for when/if I need to actually get another amp, what a pain. Got the 3 screws out easily, but, yeah, not very easy to drop it out of its space due to the shortness of the wires. Ho, hum... until next time, after I change out tge head untit and get it functional.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
cfedor, do you think that the left rear passenger door speaker going in and out was due to a failing head unit?

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
cfedor, do you think that the left rear passenger door speaker going in and out was due to a failing head unit?
I'm not certain whether is the head unit or the amp, yet.
I have a new speaker on the way for the front passenger door, which I will replace in hopes that it IS just the speaker. Then IF not, I will tackle the head unit and programming of it. Although, this other head unit that I just got for 203.00 is theftmode activated.... the dealership quoted me 120.00 to program my VIN into it.
Then IF all this fails, then I will try another amp, the relist all this other stuff I bought, back up on Ebay.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Well, I bought a replacement Bose speaker for the front passenger side door, part number 20935389 off of Ebay. I also bought another Bose speaker which is listed as my Bose speaker part number 15122600. I liked the 20935389 2 ohm Bise speaker better and have installed it. After removal if my original 15122600, the magnet shroud was rusty looking, and after further inspection, the coil on the speaker cone was corroded. I don't know why this magnet is so small compared to the 20935389 one. But, tge corrosion caused a scratchy hideous noise when power/sound was applied. I had also purchased a new to me head unit for $200.00 that is theft deterant activated and the dealer wants $120.00 to unlock it. No thanks. Well I put the head unit back up for sale on Ebay. And I just purchased another 20935389 speaker to replace the drivers side door speaker so to match the better speaker I now have in the passenger side door. And guess what ??? NO MORE SCRATCHING AWFUL NOISE. ��

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Weird thing is I have not had any issues lately with the left rear passenger door speaker going in and out. But then again, I haven't had the "Cherry-Ot" for 1-1/2 weeks since it is in the shop for accident repair......:grin:

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
729 Posts
To anybody who had an amplifier go bad. Did the amp just die all of a sudden or did you notice any abnormalities before it went? My Bose sound system had a second of static not once but twice in the last few weeks, I an trying to figure out if this is common before it goes or if it is an XM station thing. I am usually on XM lately so I don't know if it would happen on other media.
Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
To anybody who had an amplifier go bad. Did the amp just die all of a sudden or did you notice any abnormalities before it went? My Bose sound system had a second of static not once but twice in the last few weeks, I an trying to figure out if this is common before it goes or if it is an XM station thing. I am usually on XM lately so I don't know if it would happen on other media.
Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.
electbc, I had no warning. It apparently just dies. Although, I did remove the amp, and the radio, disconnected all the connections, checked the cleanliness of the pins, reconnected all the plugs, and turned it back on with hopes it would work. But, then I got in it to take the kids somewhere, and the system sounded like a machine gun going off, it was horrible for about a mile, then it went silent. I bought an amp from a not so distant salvage shop for $155.00 with a 30 day warranty. And resold my broken amp to a guy in Philadelphia for 55.00, he repairs them, that I was originally looking to buy one from for 160.00 + 100.00 core charge and 15.00 s/h So, I only am out $100.00 on the replacement amp.
Here's the funny: Just yesterday I was shuttling my 10y.o. son around from drum lessons, proceeded to through a Lenny Kravitz CD in for him to jam to. It started to play, the no sound. Drove to a store, got out, got back in, still nothing. I messaged the seller about the amp failing, he agreed to refund my 155.00 upon receipt of it back. I went back out the "Cherry-Ot" started to remove the amp, turned the car on again, and apparently, I had hit the mute/talk button at some point in my driving, :hilarious: Unmuted the thing, and let there be music to my ears! =Dmbass moment. So, I messaged the seller back with the update, looking like a fool!

·
Registered
5,970 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aaron,
I would like to also welcome you to the forum! This is a great place to get very useful information from a great group of people! Have you been able to get this issue resolved? If you are still experiencing this please feel free to send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? Either way, please keep me posted and if you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
3 Posts
No not resolved shop that installed engine caused this. They did something wrong. It worked when it went in. It should work when its comes out. Now replaced battery BC figure it could be that BC of shops comments and its didn't fix the problem and now dead battery next day. No power to head unit, but my dash is lit up, no sound no chimes from signal no interior lights on dome at door opening unless I push the button to power on. Not cool!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had problems with sound and I came to the conclusion that it was because of the subwoofer. When bought the subwoofer I had no idea what I was buying I just wanted good sound in my car cause I saw that my friends have it, so I bought the first thing I found and that caused me a lot of problems and I decided to change my subwoofer but I was still not very good at this thing so I decided to call my friend that is very good at this stuff and he recommended me a very good site with reviews on quality subwoofers 10 Best Marine Subwoofer Reviews 2020 - Newbie Guideline and here I found exactly what I was searching

21 - 35 of 35 Posts