EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEM from gmpartsdirect is about $365 per.

RockAuto has several direct replacements for considerably less -- I don't have to worry about Ca/NY emissions.

I was going to try to do this repair myself. Is this a simple unbolt and bolt it back in -- or is there special tools, cutting, welding needed?

thanks,

Mike

EASTERN CATALYTIC Part # 50477 Direct Fit
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Mexican Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Rear; Not Legal For Sale or Use in the state of California & New York (vehicles with CA Emissions); UNDERCAR
Part Image
$130.99

WALKER Part # 16574 Walker EPA Ultra Direct Fit Converter (Rebate/Promotion Available!)
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Mexican Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Fits Fed & Calif Emission Models; Not legal for sale in the state of California. Not legal for use on California emission vehicles in New York. Legal for use on Federal/EPA emission vehicles in New York.; Additional Parts Needed: 31712 (2)
$141.79

EASTERN CATALYTIC Part # 50456 Direct Fit; ECO GM One of our most popular parts
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Mexican Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Front Left; Not Legal For Sale or Use in the state of California and New York (vehicles with CA Emissions); RADIATOR SIDE PRECAT
Part Image
$196.79

EASTERN CATALYTIC Part # 50457 Direct Fit; ECO GM One of our most popular parts
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Mexican Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Front Right; Not Legal For Sale or Use in the state of California and New York (vehicles with CA Emissions); FIREWALL SIDE PRECAT
Part ImageNext Image
$203.79

DAVICO MANUFACTURING Part # 59273 Exact-Fit Catalytic Converter
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Mexican Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Front Right; Firewall Side; Illegal for installation in NY on vehicles equipped with California emission systems; Not legal for sale or use in California
Part Image
$216.79

DAVICO MANUFACTURING Part # 59272 Exact-Fit Catalytic Converter
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Mexican Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Front Left; Illegal for installation in NY on vehicles equipped with California emission systems; Not legal for sale or use in California; Radiator Side
Part Image
$225.79

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I don't trust any of those replacement parts, as I have experience with Walker lifetime parts. a) failed in 18 mos. when the original lasted 9 years b) nobody would honor the warranty, incl. Walker (it's up to whomever sold it to you, rockauto would be fine I believe, I did not get it from them)

Why do you find you need new CATS? They should last a lifetime, i.e. longer than the vehicle itself imho. My Nissan's is 17+ y.o., original, CALIF emissions (back then it was different)

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
how many miles on your 2011?

It may be an engine issue- cutting short the cats life?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rbarrios said:
how many miles on your 2011?

It may be an engine issue- cutting short the cats life?
it's a 2010 with 92K miles.

A shop did the FI work in December, code kicked in about then. I erased the code and it would come and go. Couldn't get shop to "see it", I finally convinced
them to check their work. Took it back to shop and
while the code had not fired, they did find with a smoke test that something in the intake was loose, I think they said a loose J-boot connection.
I had thought that resolved it.

It's the wife's truck -- so I'm not always aware of when the CEL comes on or not. When it flagged the other day I found out that it had been going on/off again, I just
wasn't informed. Wife took it to the shop to get it confirmed -- same codes. (No kidding) and now they want to do the cats for $1300. Figured I would
at least do that myself and see if they reflagged. I really don't want to climb in there and inspect all the intake/FI work they did as I'm not familiar with this engine setup,
but I figured replacing the cats myself is a reasonably DIY and should be able to be done for at least 1/2 the $1300 I was quoted.

I'm wondering if the loose j-boot was sufficient to confuse the ECU and managed to damage the cats at that time.

Mike

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
This is what did my friend's 2006 Passat 3.6 in. Dealer wanted $4k for the CATS, and indie cut her a break and only wanted $3k (but you know what parts are being used at the dealer). At 118k.....can you say scrap the vehicle?

I consider exhaust to be set it and forget it, but ignoring faulty 02 sensors I've always heard to be a no-no....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Have you tried the muffler shops for a quote?
Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 enclave cxl going to replace the cats. There are 2 different styles? For both. Which is better. Also is it better to replace the O2 sensors as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts