EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need help deciding between the two i have seen a White Diamond in real life but not a black(just on here) but they both look soooo goood!!!
Could you guys give some pros/cons if there are any and any other info that is important in the decision! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
hey G,

good to see ya.... thats a tough decision. i think they both are tough to keep clean although the white diamond may not show as much dirt as the carbon metallic.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a white diamond and everyone (i.e., so far) loves the way it looks. I have seen the carbon black and it looks really sharp! Problem is that black cars get hot and are not great for this reason in hot sunny places like here in South Florida.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh this is sooooo sweet!! i just checked the dealer invintory(bad spelling) and they have a Black one that is exactly what we want !!!!!!!! :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: oh i hope they dont sell it before this weekend! oh im anxious now!

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 2 cents:

Black and White are two classic colors that bring out different aspects of a great design. I think that black oftentimes doesn't look so great on a small car - design elements tend to disappear. White on the other hand opens up and accentuates body lines. That is why a little Corolla looks better in white than in black (IMO). So in the case of the Enclave I would think black (I haven't seen one) would make the Enclave look even sleeker whereas white may tend to emphasize the curvy nature of the Enclave.

Another HUGE factor is that there are big differences in one black vs another black. Same with white. I have seen the WHite Diamond and I think it is a very lustry white, which looks very rich on the Enclave. I have only seen pics of Black Enclaves so I can't tell 1st hand but my hunch is it will look pretty good. I am not a big fan of watered down (dark grey) blacks but that is just my opinion.

I would need to see the two beside each other to decide. That being said, you will probably be v happy with either.

Good luck!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have seen both and I think it's a toss up. The Black is very Black with a good amount of Metallic, the same as the White Diamond, but it's more pronounced in the Black.
The Chrome also shows up better on the Black but I think the White Diamond is a little more Classy.(my opinion) 8)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Gmoney,

You have seen the black and are smitten by it. That might end the discussion for all practical purposes. How could I argue with that? I love black, black. By that I mean without the metal flake in the paint. That glossy black is outrageously beautiful. Our White Diamond really brings out the classy look of the lines, and chrome parts, as mentioned earlier. I've owned black and it shows dust that the white diamond avoids. Dirt they both show, but dust is hidden on the white diamond. And this is a much bigger vehicle than it looks and it still takes a while to get around it with a chamois.

I have this feeling.....enjoy your new black Enclave!!!

Galen

·
Registered
743 Posts
As I mentined earlier in the year on the Forum, there's a device called a California Water Blade that will cut that Chamois time by at least 80%. In only a few minutes you can dry an Enclave. In fact it works so fast that it will probably encourage a person to clean it more often. 8)

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
rocketman said:
As I mentined earlier in the year on the Forum, there's a device called a California Water Blade that will cut that Chamois time by at least 80%. In only a few minutes you can dry an Enclave. In fact it works so fast that it will probably encourage a person to clean it more often. 8)
Have you used it, and would you recommend it?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It's an easy decison, Get the Red Jewel its the best color out there. (Seriously!)

But if you must select between the two you metioned then I like the looks of black, the chrome on black accentuate the looks and thats the reason I like the Red too, I think Red has more rich feeling then Black, Black was orginally my first choice but it wasn't available and now I am glad that it wasn't.

White is White, pearlly diamond looking so what! The only thing I like about that is it eats dirt, The only time you see it dirty is in snow.

By the way good to see you here again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
On the Enclave, I would go with Carbon Black. It looks sleek and sexy with all of the chrome accents, and it makes it look like a true executive car. Plus, I don't really care much for the bottom accent on the WDT either.

But, some cars naturally look better in different colours as well. I personally think that the Toyota Sienna looks sharp in white, IMO.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Great. You had ask us to choose from one end of the spectrum to the other. :-[. Color has always been a personal preference. There's nothing wrong with any of the Enclave colors. It's what you like and what you're trying to attain. Some colors look more classy, some look more agressive. I never had a white car and I never had a black car. So that tells you what I know. Having said that, I have (or will have :banghead: :banghead:) a black Enclave.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Both are nice. The black has that ugly grey strip on the bottom but it is not as noticeable as with the reds (shame on GM for that). The white is classy and less masculine. There...I have been no help at all. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
How come no one come up with the idea to change the color of the vehicle without repainting it. So say on Monday I like to see my car in Black cause it is sunny out but would like to change it to Gray in winter and White at night?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Or how about changing colors to match your mood? Kind of like the Mood Rings we had as kids.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For us the decision came down to White Diamond and Cocoa, and the main consideration was how much do you like the chrome ascents to stand out. With the White Diamond, the chrome blends in and with the darker colors the chrome stands out. We went with the Cocoa to better highlight the chrome curves. Black would be the choice in this comparison.

Both look great on the Enclave.

·
Registered
100 Posts
COOP,

Shutup about the red (my fav too), the fewer Red Jewel's I see around (cept for mine) the better!

Red Jewel Sucks!!! :D

coop said:
It's an easy decison, Get the Red Jewel its the best color out there. (Seriously!)

But if you must select between the two you metioned then I like the looks of black, the chrome on black accentuate the looks and thats the reason I like the Red too, I think Red has more rich feeling then Black, Black was orginally my first choice but it wasn't available and now I am glad that it wasn't.

White is White, pearlly diamond looking so what! The only thing I like about that is it eats dirt, The only time you see it dirty is in snow.

By the way good to see you here again.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
sarends said:
COOP,

Shutup about the red (my fav too), the fewer Red Jewel's I see around (cept for mine) the better!

Now be nice.....the only thing that sucks in my house is the vacuum. ;D

·
Registered
249 Posts
sarends said:
COOP,

LOL :D :D What he said...red jewel sucks. Black sucks, cocoa sucks, ming blue sucks, and every Enclave on the road sucks. Where's mine?????????????

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well, we obviously preferred black since that's what we bought! I love white vehicles... the Yukon looks great in white... but the White Diamond just isn't white enough for my preferences. It's like it is perpetually dirty. The black is a deep black with metallic... I think pure glossy black can look better if kept clean and waxed, but the metallic does hide a week's worth of dust a lot better. Another big factor for us was the complementary bottom cladding - it stands out really bad on some colors IMO (like white opal) while blending in much better for others (white diamond and black). It looks very natural on the black - you hardly notice it isn't painted all the way down. The white diamond has a good complementary cladding color as well, but it still stands out a little more IMO.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts