EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for a simple question, but is the White Diamond Tricoat a metallic paint. I want to order the Langka Touch Up Kit to fix a couple stone chips on my new Enclave and wanted to know if the WDT is a metallic. Thanks in advance.

MR

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am not a paint expert and this is based only on close inspection of our White Diamond Enclave. I'd say there is a very small metallic flake in the paint. It is no where close to the size and appearance of a 'metallic paint color, for instance the Carbon Black Metallic color. But the paint does have a subtle sparkle, I'm assuming from some sort of metallic ingredient.

·
Registered
214 Posts
mr4enclave said:
Sorry for a simple question, but is the White Diamond Tricoat a metallic paint. I want to order the Langka Touch Up Kit to fix a couple stone chips on my new Enclave and wanted to know if the WDT is a metallic. Thanks in advance.

MR
I don't know what the 'Langka' touch up kit is, but the GM WDT touch up paint code is "WA-800J" for reference.

Wayne

·
Registered
221 Posts
I read a discription elsewhere on this forum within the past couple days of the process of this color. It involves three different baking processes. And I don't think the flakes are metalic, but I could be wrong. I always thought there were mica. I also have the wdt, but that does not make me an expert so look for that blog for better description.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It seems like Buick uses the metallic word in the paints that are metallic, like Cocoa metallic, Platinum metallic , ming blue metallic...so i would guess that the WDT is NOT metallic? That would mean only the white opal, WDT and red jewel tintcoat are not metallic. Although the WDT does have that gorgeous sparkle in it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
mr4enclave said:
http://www.langka.com/

Utilizes the factory touch up paint. Read some good things about it.
The "BLOB" eliminator certainly seems like something I could use. :cheers:

Wayne

·
Registered
221 Posts
Speaking of wdt, my dealer has one that just came in. I haven't looked at it yet, but do know it has Nav and the chrome 19's. It is located in central Kansas. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to inspect and forward more info. I do believe it has the cashmier interior whereas mine has the light/dark titanium. Otherwise it looks just like the photo in my album. I think the msrp is $44K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts