EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently change the color of the Enclave I ordered from Platinum Metallic to White Diamond Tricoat. My wife and I were out the other day and saw a WDT for the first time and it looked amazing.
For everybody who has a WDT Enclave, how well does it stay clean? We had chosen Platinum Metallic because we thought it would stay pretty clean.
My dealer also said that my order might take a little longer with the switch in color. Is there anybody that ordered a WDT with entertainment #1 and drivers confidence? If so, how long did it take?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Mine is a WDT. It is beautiful when clean, but does not hide the dirt and winter grime well at all. Particularly bad on the tail gate where dirt accumulates. Still love the color, just makes me wash it more often.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's a little better than plain white, but white is still white and the light-bright helps, but it still gets grimy as the filth builds. The metallic and slight gold pearl hue also help with the WDT, but not a lot.

The solution? WDT Enclaves already look extra ritzy...just keep it cleaned and detailed as constantly as you can :thumb: Definitely still a lot easier, and not heat absorbent, than black or something darker. It's far, far from being a "hard to maintain" color, for sure. Well, as long as it doesn't get scratched, etc. and need paint work, as blending and matching properly with WDT is always tricky.

But, oh, is it PRETTY...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Your gona love it!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've yet to see a color look good while dirty, but clean, is another story. After being out on the market for several years on Cadillac, Buick and most other top of the line brands, it still remains at the top of the favorites list. I don't believe you can go wrong. Very pretty color.

·
Registered
509 Posts
gshields said:
I've yet to see a color look good while dirty, but clean, is another story. After being out on the market for several years on Cadillac, Buick and most other top of the line brands, it still remains at the top of the favorites list. I don't believe you can go wrong. Very pretty color.
Yes, very true :thumb:

From an anal detailer (well, more anal when I actually had the time), nothing looks GOOD dirty, but people are always on the quest--with cars--to get colors that don't "show" things as much.

That was my mother who went from black (yikes, for her) to bright white, only to think it's too boring and really shows dirt and such quicker than she'd thought. So she just bought a new car going on 2 weeks ago, with first choice silver, second choice black pearl, and then eventually dark gray third after she saw one. Silver was natural, black "looks SO sharp" but I still worried about it with her as far as maintenance, and then gray was a nice in between, well, dark, but doable. In the end, it came down to what the dealer could get her the fastest...which was dark gray. She REALLY likes it, and a lot more than the white, and thinks it looks more distinctive than the silver and not as scary/dark/hot as black.

Car colors are an interesting thing to say the least...especially when you have 1st, 2nd, etc. picks and then still are thrilled with something else, that's just available :thumb:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Long story short...OOOH, pretty :thumb:

Just, like any color on such a ritzy looking vehicle...keep it clean throughout as much as possible ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments everybody. I know I am going to like the WDT. I have only seen one and it was the nicest looking Enclave I have seen. I think the chrome looks so good on the WDT.

Great pictures caddycruiser. I cant wait to get mine :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
That is one beautiful car!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am VERY happy with mine! Looks great cleaned up and doesn't show the everyday dirt & grime nearly as bad as the darker colors do!

The dealer was afraid mine would end up being canceled and having to go with the Platinum Ice (i think it was). I am SO happy that the WDT was not canceled!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really like that WDT as well. I am on the verge of purchasing but still trying to determine color. It seems to me in seeing WDT that it has a beige/offwhite look to it but I can't tell from the picture what the bottom area/molding/bumper color is. I'd think cashmere would be a more appropriate interior with WDT but some of you have titanium? Sigh - decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
413 Posts
lakeshore said:
I really like that WDT as well. I am on the verge of purchasing but still trying to determine color. It seems to me in seeing WDT that it has a beige/offwhite look to it but I can't tell from the picture what the bottom area/molding/bumper color is. I'd think cashmere would be a more appropriate interior with WDT but some of you have titanium? Sigh - decisions, decisions.
The bottom trim is silver, it's called satin nickle. The titanium interior is just about a perfect match for the trim. We love ours.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have Cashmere and it's just Beautiful. :blob:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The salesperson I'm dealing with called me today and said that they had a WDT in for service if I wanted to come take a look at it just to see what it actually looked like - (they have no inventory) So I did go to take a look - it really is beautiful - now I see why the titanium interior would work as iwell as the cashmere (which it had). Thanks for all your replies - it sure helps. I'm still concerned about buying a first edition and may wait for the 2009's but after seeing the WDT today that's going to be difficult.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the WDT on the Cadillac the same color as the WDT on the Enclave? The cadillac I keep seeing everyday has a very strong yellowish hue, but it is mostly white. When I see the WDT on the enclave, it looks less yellow. Is it that the cadillac I keep seeing is not WDT? If not does anybody know what color that is? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I may be wrong and if so someone will be quick to correct me, but I think they are quite different for the reason you just stated. The caddie is much more yellowish gold, if anything my WDT has a silvery undertone in some light and I would call it a deep white/ivory in bright light, I have never seen a yellowish hue.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
bsox is correct by my eye. The Caddy has a more yellowish sub-color, but the Enclave seems a more pearlier white. The Caddy can actually look VERY yellow ("yuck"......techno term!) if even a little green pollen gets on it!
We wanted more of a pure white and went with White Opal. Not a refrigerator white at all. Just Ivory white! Bottom is dark charcoal (black?) Love it too!

Just MHO :thumb:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have to agree with you guys about the Yellowish Color on the Caddies.I had a WDT STS for a few years and realized that there is a difference. The Enclave is Whiter and prettier in my opinion, but the STS was one heck of a Automobile. I gave it to my Son with 42K miles to make room for the Enclave.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The Cadillac Diamond White Tri-Coat and that you're seeing on the Enclave...are the SAME color.

98U Diamond White Tri-Coat

So, compare a current Cadillac anything to a new Enclave in the same color, and it IS the same. The differences many have seen can be attributed mainly to slight differences that arise in the manufacturing. Essentially, there should be no difference, but with a different plant and different method one may seem more gold than the other and vice versa.

Also of note, in recent years, on various models Cadillac actually didn't use the Diamond White and changed it out to White Lightening and a couple of others on some models, so it's important to take that into note.

But compare a 2008 Cadillac in the color to a 2008 Enclave in the same...and despite any difference you may see, it's the same color with the same code.

·
Registered
743 Posts
caddycruiser, I don't want to be argumentive, and my STS wasn't a 2008, but you could notice a slight difference in the two colors and it might have been because of different Process or Factories. The STS and the Enclave WDT are both very beautiful.
If I trade for a 2009, and WDT is still available, that's what it will be.
Do you remember the White Pearl Allante? It reminds me of the current WDT but it might have been just a little Whiter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts