EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

White Opal Pictures

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  GoldEnclave 
#1 ·
Can somebody post a picture of a white opal? I haven't seen one in person and would like to see a real picture.

#3 ·
This is a serious question. I'd like to see a quality picture of a White opal. Most pictures you see are from the buick website and I don't believe they do it justice. Since the photo gallery is done I haven't been able to see any real photo's.

#4 ·
Good luck getting any decent rendering of the color here. First, the light under which the photo is taken will vary considerably, as well as the angle of the sun, time of day, quality of camera, in-camera processing, etc. Then, getting the photo from the camera to the computer can introduce some color shift, and finally, posting it here where your web browser controls the presentation, will give you only an approximation of the color and how it looks in real life. The only way to really see it is at a dealer's showroom and lot.

#7 ·
This is the White Diamond Tri-coat. I think it has a bit more sparkle/fleck within it.

Attachments

#8 ·
They are both beautiful cars, but as I said earlier, there is no way to fairly represent or compare them on a PC screen. Unless, of course, they were both parked together, under the same lighting conditions. These two photos are drastically different - one in the shade, one in full sunlight, taken with different cameras, etc. etc...

#9 ·
This is White Opal. Its a true white and the lower cladding is charcoal not satin nickel.

CT

Attachments

#11 ·
Doesn't the cladding color also depend on the color of the interior you are picking out? I saw a WDT with what I would call the tan cladding and with the tan interior and the black with the ebony interior. Then there is the silver Enclave with the satin nickle cladding and titanium interior (now that was very a very nice combination)

#12 ·
I actually like both of their whites. They're not bright 'bleached' whites as some other manufacturers offer.

The Opal White is a slightly warm white color with a high gloss clearcoat, and the White Diamond Tricoat is a very warm white with tiny metallic flecking. However, due to the basic concepts of pearlized paints, you don't get the super high-gloss look regardless of the number of coats of poly sealants or carnuba wax you apply.

I have the Opal White, but the WDT is really a spectacular finish. It's a very luxurious look.

But as someone else mentioned, you need to take that trip to the dealership and look at it on the vehicle itself.

. . Falcon

#13 ·
Sailfish said:
Doesn't the cladding color also depend on the color of the interior you are picking out? I saw a WDT with what I would call the tan cladding and with the tan interior and the black with the ebony interior. Then there is the silver Enclave with the satin nickle cladding and titanium interior (now that was very a very nice combination)
No, the WDT only comes with Satin Nickel rockers. If you saw a true WDT with different colored cladding then it was painted by the owner (I know there is at least 1 person on this board who painted his rockers WDT to match the rest of the vehicle). Depending on the lighting you may have actually seen a White Opal and thought it was WDT.

The White Opal is a solid white paint with a gloss clearcoat. The White Diamond Tricoat has some pearlescence to it because of the primer/basecoat/clearcoat process that is used (it looks kind of like an actual pearl -- milky white and changes color slightly depending on the lighting). I never understood why GM called that color White Opal since "opal" reminds me of "pearl" which is what the WDT actually looks like :confused:

BTW -- when the WDT first came out it was difficult to match (GM actually started using it around 2002 on Caddy's, then around 2007 on Silverados and Sierras). Now that many body shops are getting experience with it they seem to be doing a pretty good job matching it up.

#14 ·
sklunk said:
No, the WDT only comes with Satin Nickel rockers. If you saw a true WDT with different colored cladding then it was painted by the owner (I know there is at least 1 person on this board who painted his rockers WDT to match the rest of the vehicle). Depending on the lighting you may have actually seen a White Opal and thought it was WDT.

The White Opal is a solid white paint with a gloss clearcoat. The White Diamond Tricoat has some pearlescence to it because of the primer/basecoat/clearcoat process that is used (it looks kind of like an actual pearl -- milky white and changes color slightly depending on the lighting). I never understood why GM called that color White Opal since "opal" reminds me of "pearl" which is what the WDT actually looks like :confused:

BTW -- when the WDT first came out it was difficult to match (GM actually started using it around 2002 on Caddy's, then around 2007 on Silverados and Sierras). Now that many body shops are getting experience with it they seem to be doing a pretty good job matching it up.
Correct.

#15 ·
Everyone has their own personal preferences. My own preferences (and probably the only two color schemes I would buy) are WDT or Gold Mist.
Everyone should go with what suits their own preference, without any recriminations from others.
I had two El Dorado's with WDT. On the one occasion I had to have some body paint work done, the shop I used made the work unnoticable to my eye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.