EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang - I'm looking to have all of the windows tinted a darker shade on our new Enclave. Has anyone had their Enclave windows tinted? Are there any known problems or issues,(other than legal ones), especially with the laminated windshield?
Dennis

·
Registered
743 Posts
hilldr said:
Hi Gang - I'm looking to have all of the windows tinted a darker shade on our new Enclave. Has anyone had their Enclave windows tinted? Are there any known problems or issues,(other than legal ones), especially with the laminated windshield?
Dennis
Good question. I might be interested in the same thing. 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the front 2 windows tinted 15% as well as a "brow" across the top of the windshield and have no issues. Makes it look a alot nicer with all the windows tinted. They chose 15% becasue it was as close to the rear windows as they could get. Always ask for "charcoal base" so I know the tint will be black vs purple or some other color to make it dark. Was done July 12th. Let me know if you have any furhter questions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
jhale said:
I had the front 2 windows tinted 15% as well as a "brow" across the top of the windshield and have no issues. Makes it look a alot nicer with all the windows tinted. They chose 15% becasue it was as close to the rear windows as they could get. Always ask for "charcoal base" so I know the tint will be black vs purple or some other color to make it dark. Was done July 12th. Let me know if you have any furhter questions.
15% front tint will get me a ticket where I live. 30%-35% is the limit here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
See the last 3 pictures in my gallery compared to the ones up front. The front Brow is somewhat hard to see due to the sun but you can make it out. Taking the gamble because 15% will get me a ticket here too if they stop me but been doing this for years. Let me know if you have any furhter questions. - Jason - $95 for all - 2 windows and a brow. - Jason

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you know what the material around the rearview mirror is on the windshield? Does it create a problem covering with the wind tint? We're going to have the front driver/passenger windows done on ours, but we're concerned about doing the brow. The folks that have done the tinting on our other vehicles told us that they have covered similiar type material before putting on the brow tinting, but have had customer complaints about radio reception issues and other problems. So we're a little concerned about doing the brow, but would really like to since it has no tinting at all from the factory.

·
Registered
249 Posts
jhale said:
See the last 3 pictures in my gallery compared to the ones up front. The front Brow is somewhat hard to see due to the sun but you can make it out. Taking the gamble because 15% will get me a ticket here too if they stop me but been doing this for years. Let me know if you have any furhter questions. - Jason - $95 for all - 2 windows and a brow. - Jason
Is the brow 15% also? What's the height of the brow? I'm not worried about the ticket. I have 'em on my other car and cops drive by me without even noticing. I've heard from other friends in CA, they got a sitation to have it remove then go to any police station to show that it's been removed and the sitation get's cancelled. If not, then it becomes a fine I guess. You can always ask for forgiveness first ;D then of course the hassle of getting it removed then put on some other time again. Also you can also put your windows down when you see cops around, especially when you get pulled over for something else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The brow is 15% also. It is 8.5" long measured from the inside where the headliner starts/stops. We had no issue with the "stuff" in the middle around the mirror other than the tint will not lay flat on the window and it is not as nice looking in that area from the outside. It looks great from a distance but if you are up close and the light hits it the right way, you can tell that it looks different in that area. Only visible to a trained eye. We had the same thing on my wife's Impala that we traded for the Enclave and we had no issues with anything. Let me know if you have any furhter questions. - Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off i know you should as for a non-metalic window tint to prevent it from messing with the radio and GPS systems.

Has anyone attempted to tint the sunroofs? They seem to let in alot of light and heat, even with the shades pulled.
I was told that there is a risk of the sunroof exploding if it was tinted. Has anyone else been told this? Would like any and all info on this subject.

·
Registered
249 Posts
We asked about having our sunroof tinted. The tech said he would do it but won't be responsible if the glass crack due to the extreme heat they would put on it with the heat gun to dry it up. So we just basically left it alone and just tinted all the side windows and the hatch. We decided to use 5% which is limo. Check out the last five pics on my gallery to get an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
you a really good photographer!!! great pics and i like the tint!!

R

·
0 Posts
wow were is the location you took the pics, i really love the tint job. i think our max for front seats is 35, and they really strict with laws here.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I took these at the Valley of Fire State Park here in NV. Ummm, these tint are not allowed up front also, but a lot of cars have them. Being in NV, I think the cops understand why we have them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
jhale said:
Looks awesome dude. So the question that I have no is, do I choose 15% or 5% (FavaClav) tint? What is the better match guys? It looks identical on yours jhale, but I'm hoping I can see an up close side shot on yours FlavaClav.

·
Registered
249 Posts
5% is very dark. Unless you're in a mostly sunny state - Nevada, Arizona, etc., you might not need it. It might also affect your night driving. If it's for looks, you're going for, the darker tint, IMO, blends more. If you just want to tint the front windows to match the back then 5% will not match the back. The OEM tint is lighter than 5%.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seen a better sight then your Enclave when we were at the Valley of Fire State Park a couple years ago. We stopped to look at the rock cabins. There was a jeep cherokee in the parking lot when we pulled in, but no one was around for the 10-15 minutes we were checking out the cabins. My buddy and I went over to the edge of small cliff to take some pics of the scenery and down below us about 20' was a guy taking pics of a topless model!!!! WOOOHOOOO

·
Registered
65 Posts
Didn't know they made a convertible Enclave! Hehehe.. >:D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
So is 15% what the back windows are from the factory?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts