EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to comment on the windshield wipers. They are the quietest and best on any vehicle I've owned. I am impressed. :thumbsup: We have had lots of rain out here on the West Coast and so have had a chance to really use them.

I can still hear my Chrysler Van's wipers in my mind. They were so loud, sort of like fingernails on a blackboard. I am in windshield wiper heaven. :angel:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I totally agree! :happy:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Now that's funny. Some of youse really have a sense of humor.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lingohocken: You are vickidly hilarvious! ;D

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
:dancing:
Gee, that sounds like one of my sick jokes :thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yup, I agree. The wipers are super quiet. I wonder how it will perform around this time next year?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flipsonic: you are truly a Visionary :rock: (get it? - V for visionary) ;D

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I just had mine replaced with 3000 miles on them and 2 months of ownership due to terrible streaking. It was covered under warranty. I have then on my G6 and love them so this is a fluke.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know how much is it going to cost to replace these?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ok, I know some of you won't believe this, but I DO have a complaint about the windshield wipers on our Enclave. While I think they are an AWESOME design, very quiet and provide "streak free" wiping, here are our two complaints:

1) When cleaning with windshield fluid (mainly) the drivers wiper "splashes" mist over the passenger side of the windshield as it "finishes" and you have to re-wipe NUMEROUS times until it stops. This is mainly my wife's gripe when I am driving.

2) My main gripe (and wife agrees) is that the passenger wiper leaves a vertical "line" along the windshield in the right hand side of the drivers view. It is really annoying at night, and may be due to "rain-x or other build-up" etc on the windshield, but I wish the passenger wiper stopped further to the right when it reaches it's far left swiping cycle.

There, I've said it and actually criticized the Enclave for something. ;D

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Welcome to Enclave anonymous!!
Hello, my name is MRBUICK, and I have an Enclave problem. :poke:
We still love you ccaats........ :love:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
My world as I know it has now changed...sorry got to run, I need to buy a lottery ticket :happy:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Isn't being on this forum gambling enough...... :help:

·
Registered
644 Posts
ccaats said:
Ok, I know some of you won't believe this, but I DO have a complaint about the windshield wipers on our Enclave. While I think they are an AWESOME design, very quiet and provide "streak free" wiping, here are our two complaints:

1) When cleaning with windshield fluid (mainly) the drivers wiper "splashes" mist over the passenger side of the windshield as it "finishes" and you have to re-wipe NUMEROUS times until it stops. This is mainly my wife's gripe when I am driving.

2) My main gripe (and wife agrees) is that the passenger wiper leaves a vertical "line" along the windshield in the right hand side of the drivers view. It is really annoying at night, and may be due to "rain-x or other build-up" etc on the windshield, but I wish the passenger wiper stopped further to the right when it reaches it's far left swiping cycle.

ccaats,

I really can't take a racing heart beat this early in the morning! Thanks for your objective comment. FYI, I still want an Enclave! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
bsox said:
My world as I know it has now changed...sorry got to run, I need to buy a lottery ticket :happy:
You are toooo funny bsox! :happy:

·
Registered
63 Posts
ccaats said:

I have the same gripe -- I have noticed that the passenger's wiper blade leaves a vertical line in the driver's line-of-sight that's very annoying. I haven't put any rainX or other stuff on the windshield to accumulate on the edge so I imagine that this will always be an issue. Anyone have suggestions to eliminate this - perhaps a different blade or wiper setting or ...?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts