EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks:

I've been doing research on this and I see a number of posts about wiring when the camera is existing in the vehicle. In my case I do not have a backup camera at all. So I am doing this from scratch. I've purchased an aftermarket one from ebay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121174894687&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 and I want to hook it up to my OGM1 install I did earlier in the year.

Following what Walt at ADC Mobile mentions on his website he states that you do not need to connect the backup light connectors. However you do need to connect the power to either the reversing lead or either the ignition or accessory connector. On his website he talks about tapping into the I/P Junction Box which is located on the driver side. But that is for GM trucks which the Enclave is not. It also does not have a I/P Junction Box on the driver side.

So here are my questions/clarifications to the forum team:

1. Is there, somewhere in the interior, an I/P Junction Box, and if so where?
2. If there is no I/P Junction Box, where could I tap into for power. Specifically, reverse lead, or the ignition or accessory connector?
3. Has anyone done what I am attempting to do, and if so, what has been your learning from it? How did you get power to the camera.

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since no one has replied I will tell you what I know. I can not speak of where the wiring may be but in my truck I added a camera. I tapped into the reverse light wiring for the power and the 'trigger' and ran a cable to the stereo system. Hope this helped in some way.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think this thread would help you a little/lot.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=11831.0

Hopefully your Enclave has the 4 pin adapter discussed in the link.

Please keep us posted how this goes, pictures would be great. Also can you let us know how the resolution looks, I am guessing you are going to have the backup camera show up on a DVD dash screen. I have been thinking about changing out the factory camera to something with a better resolution so it looks nicer on my indash display.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
My Enclave also does not have a backup camera system, so I can't provide any additional advice. However, there are a number of tech savvy forum members who likely have the camera, and will hopefully chime in soon with some more help. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The factory wire harness (light brown) that is NOT used for the OGM1 has a pink and light blue wire at the end of one of the harness. If you have backup on your existing stereo (I did because I had the bose / nav unit). That cable is your camera. I ripped a RCA cable apart and spliced those wires in to the pink and blue wires and plugged in to the camera female end of the stereo and presto, worked. Took 10 minutes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks dmm2k. Would you happen to have pics to give me a better understanding? if not, a sketch would be fine.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The factory wire harness (light brown) that is NOT used for the OGM1 has a pink and light blue wire at the end of one of the harness. If you have backup on your existing stereo (I did because I had the bose / nav unit). That cable is your camera. I ripped a RCA cable apart and spliced those wires in to the pink and blue wires and plugged in to the camera female end of the stereo and presto, worked. Took 10 minutes.
I have the backup camera but not nav, the screen is in the mirror. I order a new radio/w screen. Anyway to tie the existing camera into the new unit. Where can I find the camera wires for the receiving end?
Also could I splice into the existing camera and use a wireless transmitter?
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts