EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Enclave for 2 months and my Buick Dealer cant get a wiring harness and recpt for it. I dont have a towing package and the numbers of the parts seem to have changed. I am in Florida and this dealer lists part #25845096 for the harness and part# 12191503 as the part for the plug. Anyone know if these are the right numbers? Or what has anyone else used for the Enclave? They put a drawtite hitch on .All I do is pull a small utility trailer or hitch haul every once and a while. Just want the option to pull Any help would be appreciated. I dont want this to go on much longer as I see that the other forums that GM is not paying for the UBEC replacement. My dealer is providing the hitch and wiring.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem with that is, aftermarket wireing cuts into the light circuit at the rear lamps and factory wireing is by way of relays throught the factory harness.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just got done putting a valley hitch on my Outlook. I noticed that next to the spare tire there is a wiring harness plugging into the bottom of the bed. It has a second male end on that plug. I am thinking that is a link for the trailer lights but don't know for sure. I am only using mine for a bike rack.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I would add that my dealer finally recieved the parts from GM . The wireing harness number is-25845096 and the recpt that plugs into it is 12191503.I am going to dealer in the morning to have them installed. We will see if the UBEC is needed. This was all negotiated when I bought the Enclave. If I was going to tow a large trailer I would only buy an Enclave with the factory tow package...Period

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok the latest -I need a replacement UBEC.Dealer balked at replaceing the UBEC as it is no longer covered under waranty as it was in the past according to him. He showed me the paper work that the owners manual was updated to cover this. I checked my owners manual and it said nothing to this effect that I could find. He wanted me to pay half .I reminded him it was to be taken care of if I bought the car. So if you are going to tow-- get the tow package and if it is not on the one on the lot pass it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts