EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! :help:

The wiring harness that came with the Towing Package has 5 wires. Does anybody know what the different colours are for?? My dealer has been trying to find the answer to this for several days now without success. ???

There is a Blue wire, a black wire and a red wire with a black stripe. These are heavier gage. And then there is a white and a gray wire of lighter gage.

Sure would like to know so I can hook up my brake controller. :banghead:

Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Enclave. :cheers:

I had just found the info in the Acadia site as well and was coming back to post my findings. There is a wiring schematic that shows as follows.

Red/Black- comes from the Fuse box "trailer Brake fuse - 30 A". Goes into the Brake controller
Black- From the Brake controller to the trailer brakes
Blue - From the fuse box "trailer (hot) wire - 30 A". Connects to trailer battery.

White - From vehicle brakes. Goes on when Vehicle brakes are applied. Some controllers use this.
Gray - From interior lights dimming feature. Some brake controller use this.

Hope this info helps others. :blob:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Saw the schematic but it was Greek to me. ;D Glad you could read it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I goofed. ;D

After blowing 2 fuses I discovered the correct wiring configuration.

So here it is.

Red /Black is the hot wire from the fuse panel.
But the Blue wire is the brake wire to the trailer.
The black wire is a ground.

But mistake corrected. :thumb:

·
Registered
333 Posts
woodytwo said:
Looks like I goofed. ;D

After blowing 2 fuses I discovered the correct wiring configuration.

So here it is.

Red /Black is the hot wire from the fuse panel.
But the Blue wire is the brake wire to the trailer.
The black wire is a ground.

But mistake corrected. :thumb:
Good thing you weren't sending directions to disarm a nuke: ;)

step 1....cut the black wire

step 2...before cutting the black wire, cut the red wire...oops :angryfire:

·
Registered
743 Posts
You're absolutely right. I used to work with Nukes. We'll forgive him since this wasn't a Nuke. Ha !
No offense woodytwo. Just having fun. Have a good Holiday. 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure that I have the same trailer brake problem that has been discussed. I have the trailer towing package and am trying to tow a bass boat with disc brakes. I am not able to back up. The mechanic at the boat dealer said that the blue wire should be the to the back up lights, and that should send a signal to the brake solonoid, so that the trailer brakes don't go on when I am in reverse. The Suburban that I traded in was wired so that I didn't have a problem. The buick dealer said that he hadn't run into this problem, but most of the Enclave's that he has sold did not have the towing package. Does that sound like the brake controller issue that was discussed? Thanks for any help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts