EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
jamie1 said:
my 2008 enclave 83000 mls has this no start problem bought new battery still have problem i did get that code once about service securty thinking could this be my problem?? plz help
Welcome to the forum Jamie1! :dancing:

Don't really have much information to go on here; but, would love to help figure out your issue. I also have a 2008, and have uncovered and helped resolve several sneeky little buggers. So, what type of issue is it, and is it intermittent, or regular as a watch?

. . Falcon

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Inoperative Fuel Gauge and Hard Start/No Start Condition

Some 2008-2012 Enclave, 2009-2012 Traverse, 2007-2012 Acadia and 2007-2010 Outlook models may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

• Engine is hard to start
• Engine will not start
• Engine starts, then stalls
• Fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates
• Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated

These conditions, which may be intermittent and have various DTCs set, may be due to the fuel tank harness to body harness retainer slipping on the tubing, putting pressure on the harness and causing connector X305 to become partially separated or not fully seated. (Fig. 13)

Fig 13

Inspect connector X305 to make sure that it is fully seated. If the connector is not fully seated, inspect the terminals at connector X305 for corrosion. If the terminals show signs of corrosion, replace the corroded terminals.

Remove the wire harness retaining clip from the steel lines (Fig. 14, Position 1) and reposition it in front of the steel line support to prevent it from sliding. (Fig. 14. Position 2)

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
i just looked at my 2010 Traverse. this connector is practically under the drivers seat area.

Get on your back or knees around the drivers door and look up... its by the black metal bar that runs along the bottom

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
jamie1 said:
my 2008 enclave 83000 mls has this no start problem bought new battery still have problem i did get that code once about service securty thinking could this be my problem?? plz help

jamie1,
I would like to welcome you to the forum! I would also suggest that you take your Enclave into your dealer and have them look into this for you. They are in the best position to get your vehicle diagnosed for you. Please keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Issue

This just started happening to me. Intermittently turning the key to start and there's no crank. Sometimes it's just a second pause and it cranks and starts. Something it won't crank. It seems if I flick the key rapidly to start a half dozen times it cranks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
8/25/2019, found this thread because we started having this exact problem with our 2009 Enclave CXL. The problem is random. When you turn the key, everything goes dark/dead. There is no noise or attempt to start the car. The gas tank is full. If you try this several times, it will start like nothing was wrong. I had the battery checked and was told the battery is totally fine. Curious if Dan ever found a solution to this or if anyone else has some ideas?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just to add my .20c, I experienced this scenario last winter. I just picked up my daughter form college to go skiing. I tried to start and everything did go dead as you described, I said now what, I only had this 2015 Enclave for a month. My daughter pointed out that the shifter was in D, my bad. So I am giving the possibility that your Shifter Start Switch may be intermittent. Next time try putting it into neutral to see if it starts. then.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts