EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered cocoa with cashmere interior, and I hate that I had to do it without first seeing it in person. Some pictures I've seen of the cashmere color look really nice but then others not so nice. (Too light, too much contrast with the dark accents). I'm wondering if any of you who already have your car with cashmere, what was your first impression? Do others comment on it at all? And is the carpet light or dark? I've always had dark interiors in my cars so this is a first and I'm a little worried!! :-\

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have cashmere and am very pleased w/ the look. The carpet is cashmere as well.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Mine also has Cashmere. With what's being offered, I wouldn't have it anyway. 8)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Cashmere is beautiful, I love it and think you will, too. It is light and if you're used to dark, it'll be different. But extremely classy. [/color]

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have the Cashmere and will be posting pics in the next couple of days. I think it looks great but after just walking around for an hour or two and them getting into the car my shoes left some very visible dirt on the floor mats. So it does show dirt as I didn't even think my shoes had gotten dirty. Will definitely be hader to keep clean.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are some other threads where alternate floor mats are discussed. You may want to consider these to help keep the new toy clean. We went with the Ebony interior because of the fear of not being able to keep the Cashmere clean, but we loved the Cashmere as well.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have some thick light color Carpet that I will use. I'll cut it similar to the flooe mats and it will look great and keep the mats clean. I've used it for many years and it works great and looks good too.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I also ordered the Cashmere interior and it definitely looks really nice. I said I wouldn't have another beige interior after our last one........a 2000 Exploder. They are definitely harder to keep clean. I just didn't think a dark colored interior would look as good with a White Diamond Tricoat exterior.

·
Registered
758 Posts
StickingWithGM said:
There are some other threads where alternate floor mats are discussed. You may want to consider these to help keep the new toy clean. We went with the Ebony interior because of the fear of not being able to keep the Cashmere clean, but we loved the Cashmere as well.
We felt this way also. Ordered the black. We'll see how it holds up.

Black doesn't always look good either with wear/dirt, but light tan is too easy for our family of six to soil and too difficult for me to keep up with.

TM

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my white diamond with cashmere interior and love it!!! I have always preferred gray as my last car was a gray leather Yukon. But in this car I did not like the gray with all of the wood grain. The cashmere is so warm and luxurious looking you will love it. As far as I am concerned Cashmere is the best looking but maybe not the most practical. I will be looking into getting some better floor protection.

·
Registered
208 Posts
In my new Odyssey (sorry) I got what Honda calls "Ivory" Leather which is like Cashmere. I wanted the light bright interior but was really worried about the light carpets. I got all weather mats that are about the same color as the floor mats. Now I have had this car for 3 days and the floor mats are filthy. I cannot imagine what it would be like on the light carpet in 3 days! At least with these we can take them out and hose them down. I am actually considering seeing if I can return them for black mats. At least it wouldn't show every black footprint. It is amazing how filthy shoes are from daily running around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't have are Enclave yet. But I would think cocoa floor matts would work just find.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
We had our headrest DVD players installed yesterday and the installers scuffed up the leading edge of the interior trim panels pretty badly with their shoes. It's definitely going to take a lot of work to keep the cashmere interior clean.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love the cashmere but since we already have that shade of leather on our other car, we went for something completely different in the ebony.

I have to say, the cashmere driver's seat edge inside the display model in the GM Renaissance Centre is absolutely filthy - it's heavily stained with what I would guess is people with dark blue jeans (you know, that indigo shade that holds a lot of the dye) getting in and out again. Watch out for that if you're a jeans wearer, I bet that's extremely tricky to clean.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The car we are selling that the Enclave replaces has tan leather. Its a Mercedes with excellent leather and it does not scuff or stain as easily as the Enclave leather IMO.

TM

·
Registered
360 Posts
Noticed that I am getting a lot of blue jean "stain" on my titanium leather interior on both drivers and passengers seat. It is mostly on the near back edge of the seat bottom. However, it cleans up VERY EASILY. I used Griot's interior cleaner. A couple of wipes with a rag after a spray of the cleaner and it is gone. Other than that, no problems. IMHO, I don't think "leather quality" has much to do with the dirt that accumulates. More of a color issue. I've had both GM and Mercedes vehicles over the years and havn't had any problems with the leather in either. Of course, they have all had black/ebony colors. :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is a tip for you. I have a carbon black metallic enclave with cashmere interior, "scotchguard" everything ;D.
It works, take your enclave to the best detail person in your town and let them do this, when mats get dirt on them all you have to do is vac them period!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good ideas -- I didn't know you could scotchguard leather! I think I'll be buying cocoa colored floor mats -- I wonder if you can buy an exact match to the interior cocoa color in the cashmere interior? I've seen some pics of others' dark mats in the cashmere interior but they look more grey to me.

·
Registered
758 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
Good ideas -- I didn't know you could scotchguard leather! I think I'll be buying cocoa colored floor mats -- I wonder if you can buy an exact match to the interior cocoa color in the cashmere interior? I've seen some pics of others' dark mats in the cashmere interior but they look more grey to me.
IMO the cashmere shows better but a true cocoa interior would have been the best. BMW and Porsche have this as an option.

TM

·
Registered
64 Posts
enclave fl. said:
Here is a tip for you. I have a carbon black metallic enclave with cashmere interior, "scotchguard" everything ;D.
It works, take your enclave to the best detail person in your town and let them do this, when mats get dirt on them all you have to do is vac them period!
How much was it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts