EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, looks like we finally get to pick it up this Wed. Signed papers near end of Oct!! White Diamond CXL AWD, cashmere int, sunroof, DVD Nav, Towing Package, etc... Have a question. Dealer putting on running boards today. Called and told me he didn't like the mud flaps he ordered. He said he found some for the rear in the US that match the running board color and have a better fit. But he said he couldn't find anything for the front. Do any of you know what he is talking about and why these wouldn't come as a set for front and back?

Thanks

D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crazy Huh! Here is how it all went down. Ordered the new Platinum Ice Tricoat. Should have been available to order Nov 1. Waited till Nov 17th until is was available to the dealer. Around 3rd week of Jan, told that not enough demand for that color so need to pick new color. WDT is almost the same so went with that. Had to special order the vehicle because couldn't find many that had the 2nd row bench with the options that I wanted. No big deal at the time, since I had 6 months left on the Durango lease. Now only a few weeks left on lease so makes it here just in time!

D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
rxdman said:
Crazy Huh! Here is how it all went down. Ordered the new Platinum Ice Tricoat. Should have been available to order Nov 1. Waited till Nov 17th until is was available to the dealer. Around 3rd week of Jan, told that not enough demand for that color so need to pick new color. WDT is almost the same so went with that. Had to special order the vehicle because couldn't find many that had the 2nd row bench with the options that I wanted. No big deal at the time, since I had 6 months left on the Durango lease. Now only a few weeks left on lease so makes it here just in time!

D
Congrats!! :thumb: like mats, mud flaps are often sold front/rear separate. Fronts are more important as snow, mud accumulates more onto running boards from front tires. I see you posted WDT! Beautiful. You may want to consider a nice universal black flap. It usually goes well with the WDT. Did you get a color-to-match-car running board set? (they have a kinda built-in flap.) Or a black with silver trim? Maybe go look at it first and see for yourself. The front flaps are pretty quick to install and could be done later.

Best wishes and go easy on the "optional add-ons". Most are not needed. I was tried to sell a $550 paint protector once! My body shop friend laughed and said ... "for how much?? it's wax !!" We all gotta eat but .....

Some consider the wheel hazard ins a good buy. Think they want about $300 and if you have the chrome beauties and live around alto of potholes, maybe. I passed on everything and am still very happy.

The head lite glass protectors are a film that applies easily and does save the head lites from stones cracking the very expensive glass. see this post of today!

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2570.0

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Don't know if I am repeating what Smokin was saying, but the molded mud flap will not fit with the molded assist step. That may be the issue.

·
Registered
171 Posts
rxdman said:

D
You definitely have patience. A lot of people would have flipped out if that happened. It might actually be a blessing that it got delayed...hopefully it was built after the dreaded camshaft issue was discovered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice. The Mud flap thing I'm unsure of. They ordered the ones for the rear and will be about 1 week to ten days. Probably just go with straight black for the fronts. Will wait and see when the rear ones come in. Interesting bsox that the molded rears won't fit with the step assist as that is what he ordered. He can keep them if that's the case. Funny SRX that you mention paint protection. Talked with the dealer this morning and did take it but mostly because it was packed with cloth and leather protection (maybe not worth it) but the undercoating which is like the stuff they spray in truck bed liners. Some say it helps with noise on gravel roads also. We travel on gravel roads a lot.

D

·
Registered
509 Posts
There are molded (i.e. shaped to fit cleanly) splash guards which come cladding color matched and a cheaper version that are contoured and basically flat and black, with a Buick emblem on them. He probably ordered the second ones first and then decided back to get the color matched molded ones.

Cheaper, contoured:

Cladding-matched, molded:

The issue with the fronts is there is not the proper space/area available to mount them when you have the running boards installed. Basically, the running boards go far enough forward that they'd interfere with any front flaps and things would not fit properly. Which is why they don't combine front flaps with the boards. With the molded boards, this is.

With the other variation of steps, which are straighter and black & chrome only (again, not color matched like the molded), there apparently is space to install front flaps...at least the contoured ones. I think someone here has that combo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts