EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone buy an Acadia AWD body label and put it on their AWD Enclave? Assuming its available as a part (which they usually are). I'm still a little upset that the Enclave AWD model does not indicate as such anywhere on the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wouldn't spend money for that, but...

...you raise a good question. How can one tell if an Enclave is FWD or AWD? Is there something visable under the hood? :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
monstersinc1 said:
Would anyone buy an Acadia AWD body label and put it on their AWD Enclave? Assuming its available as a part (which they usually are). I'm still a little upset that the Enclave AWD model does not indicate as such anywhere on the car.
Is there a reason for not having this designation on the Enclave? ::)

·
Registered
65 Posts
While a designation label on the outside of the car would make it easier(and more easily faked), a look at the rear drivetrain(or lack thereof) should determine whether it's AWD or FWD. If you have to look under its back end to tell, it's like determining its gender, isn't it? Is it easier for other Enclaves to tell the difference?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think they did this on purpose because a lot of luxury & near luxury AWD vehicles do not have an AWD label. I think they are trying to market the Enclave as being more of a luxurious type of vehicle as opposed to sporty or rugged.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
netmag said:
I think they did this on purpose because a lot of luxury & near luxury AWD vehicles do not have an AWD label. I think they are trying to market the Enclave as being more of a luxurious type of vehicle as opposed to sporty or rugged.
Well, a lot of those luxury models do not have an option of fwd, such as Q7, X5 etc, they only come in AWD mode, that is the point behind an SUV / CUV. I know other truck based SUVs have both flavors, but MOST of the CUVs are AWD.

In case of Enclave, since it is offered in both modes, it would make sense to put AWD on it's rear.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm happy ours won't have the label on it. We're buying a luxury people and "clean stuff" (i.e., luggage) hauling vehicle that looks better than a minivan and has AWD for bad weather conditions. I don't care if people know it is AWD or not... I'd have preferred the FWD but will live in the Midwest long enough to be concerned about snowy roads in winter. Having been through the past winter in Kansas City in a RWD Mercedes C230, I know how useless some vehicles become when snow and sleet first starts falling, and sometimes you just have to go somewhere in that weather like it or not.

Our ML430 doesn't announce AWD, nor does the new GL class, nor do other luxury SUV/CUV's. I understand the argument that most (all?) of those only come in AWD configuration, but I'd guess many people will assume all Enclaves are AWD whether they are or not.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I am getting an AWD, and don't really care, will definitely not get an AWD emblem to stick on the back.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lexus and Infiniti offer both AWD and FWD and do not put the decal on it. I believe the Enclave is being marketed to compete with Lexus.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
netmag said:
Lexus and Infiniti offer both AWD and FWD and do not put the decal on it. I believe the Enclave is being marketed to compete with Lexus.
Does GM really have to copy them?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
If so, start by using real wood, better plastic, better Navigation system etc rather than AWD emblem.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
coopermine said:
If so, start by using real wood, better plastic, better Navigation system etc rather than AWD emblem.
................and the Lexis price too? You can't have everything!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
MRBUICK said:
................and the Lexis price too? You can't have everything!
I will only pay Lexus price when it becomes as reliable as Lexus. Will bear a very strong resale value.

Price is relavant too, you pay more in the beginning and you get more at the end too.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Net average cost out of my pocket over the year year in and year out and like the car...... :angel:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Correction - the Mercedes GL does carry the 4Matic badge on the rear. The ML series did not, perhaps the newest ones do.

·
Registered
259 Posts
fenwah said:
Infiniti indicates AWD with a "X" after the model name (e.g. G35x, M45x, etc)
Hmm, CXLX or CXX - don't think so. How about an i for the "intelligent AWD"? CXLi or CXi ;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Tahoe, which came in both 2wd and 4wd varieties, does not have any badging to indicate 4wd.

I'm glad my awd enclave won't have any extra badging to that effect. Less is more imo...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Personally, I'm glad there is no emblem for AWD...all the extra decals and emblems being used these days are just stupid. Why do we feel the need to announce the details of our vehicles to other drivers, when those details have absolutely zero impact on anyone else! I don't care that your vehicle is a "Hybrid" or a "V8" or an "AWD"...shut up! I think it comes down to people simply being vain. Why not just get a bumper sticker that says, "My Enclave costs $2,000 more than yours" because that's really all you're wanting to communicate with emblems like that. I'm glad Buick didn't fall into this trap - stay simple, stay clean, stay classy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts