EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Would you, or have you, replace(d) your Enclave with another one?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Enjoy your new Chevy SS! Please post updates and reports once you've had some more time behind the wheel. :thumb:

·
Registered
414 Posts
bocoogto said:
Well, today I traded the '09 Enclave for a Chevrolet SS--rear wheel drive V8. I found a dealer that offered enough to nudge me to trade. Those SS's are really loaded--heated, ventilated seats, rain sensing wipers, heads up display, internet ability, 8 way seat on both sides, park assist, lane change warning, collision warning, and LOTS OF POWER. 21 mpg highway rating will likely end up about the same as the Enclave.

I'll miss the utility of the Enclave, but the SS will be FUN. A new Enclave would be kind of so-so, since they have not changed in any significant way from '09-'15.
Congrats on your SS. Did you happen to get one of the first 2015 in the US or is it a 14? If I ever get rid of the G ride (G8) I would either want a used CTSV (Wagon) or a SS.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mine is a new 2014 that the dealer had for several hundred days. Sales of the SS is very low throughout the USA--for reasons I don't understand. The appeal for me was a 415 HP V8, rear wheel drive, 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, 21 mpg highway. And, it has all the bells & whistles that my Enclave had plus a few more like collision avoidance & lane change warning, self parking, 10-way seat adj. on both driver & passenger sides, and head-up display. Nav is standard on the SS, but I wouldn't have bought it as I prefer the Garmin with easy and free updates.

Ride quality, performance, seating comfort for five adults, and the sound of a healthy V8 are bonus's I really like about the SS.

As I said, I'll miss the Enclave, but with its age and high miles, considering the maintenance needed for the first 97,000 miles, it's time to move on to something we don't have to pay for repairing---and something exciting, which this SS certainly is!! If Pontiac hadn't been killed, that's what would be in our driveway right now, but this is the next-best thing for us.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
bocoogto said:
Mine is a new 2014 that the dealer had for several hundred days. Sales of the SS is very low throughout the USA--for reasons I don't understand. The appeal for me was a 415 HP V8, rear wheel drive, 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, 21 mpg highway. And, it has all the bells & whistles that my Enclave had plus a few more like collision avoidance & lane change warning, self parking, 10-way seat adj. on both driver & passenger sides, and head-up display. Nav is standard on the SS, but I wouldn't have bought it as I prefer the Garmin with easy and free updates.

Ride quality, performance, seating comfort for five adults, and the sound of a healthy V8 are bonus's I really like about the SS.

As I said, I'll miss the Enclave, but with its age and high miles, considering the maintenance needed for the first 97,000 miles, it's time to move on to something we don't have to pay for repairing---and something exciting, which this SS certainly is!! If Pontiac hadn't been killed, that's what would be in our driveway right now, but this is the next-best thing for us.
I'll tell you one reason it's slow to sell......the Impala is much better looking, for a fraction of the cost. Talking about the general perspective and average Chevy buyer. No offense to you, I know all about the new SS, and totally get what it's about.....and it's NO Impala.....but it's conservative styling and hefty price tag is enough to push people towards the Impala, who just need a nice sedan. Just like the Vette, it's not mainstreem.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
kidsenclave said:
I'll tell you one reason it's slow to sell......the Impala is much better looking, for a fraction of the cost. Talking about the general perspective and average Chevy buyer. No offense to you, I know all about the new SS, and totally get what it's about.....and it's NO Impala.....but it's conservative styling and hefty price tag is enough to push people towards the Impala, who just need a nice sedan. Just like the Vette, it's not mainstreem.
I looked it up because I want a manual in the Nissan replacement. A BMW 328 and 320 DOES NOT offer a stick. :confused:

Accord? Mazda 6? I would like a S4 Quattro, but that is 60k and 40k used.

So I was SS curious. But $1300 gas guzzler tax and 21 mpg? No can do. And $45k+ for a non-Corvette chevy....

·
Registered
414 Posts
kidsenclave said:
People compare the SS to the Malibu quite often. If you look at the size (interior I would think is for Impala size) I have always thought the front end of the SS looked more like the Impala than the Malibu. The reason for the slow sales.... Limited production run. Higher price tag and ABSOLUTELY NO MARKETING/ADVERTISING for this car. GM doesn't want to sell a bunch of them. As for the price people have been getting the almost $50K 2014 SS for $39K-$43K so that is very close to the Impala. No question as to what I am buying between those two. I am interested in seeing how the SS will hold its value compared to my G8. Until just recently I could trade in my 2009 G8 and still get what I paid for it. Put that money down on a new SS and I have a new ride for about $300/mo (0% for 72 months at the time)

·
Registered
414 Posts
john 070 said:
I looked it up because I want a manual in the Nissan replacement. A BMW 328 and 320 DOES NOT offer a stick. :confused:

Accord? Mazda 6? I would like a S4 Quattro, but that is 60k and 40k used.

So I was SS curious. But $1300 gas guzzler tax and 21 mpg? No can do. And $45k+ for a non-Corvette chevy....
I agree the price is kinda high but have you seen what other mainstream companies are offering in that price range? Dodge Charger/Challenger, Ford Mustang/Taurus SHO. The problem with the SS is they come completely loaded and are only a few options. All the comps have smaller engine options and trims to keep the price down. (Also only the Challenger and Mustang offer a stick but are not sedans)

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If I were still in the market for a 7/8 seater, I would strongly consider another Enclave. But, just as Kidsenclave pointed out several posts back, I don't need the capacity any longer.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
With still having 13, 9, & 7 year olds I need the space/roominess of the Enclave. I am looking off & on for a '13 twin with all the bells,dings and whistles of my current "Cherry-Ot" and in a particular mileage radius and price range.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
IMHO being middle aged, we work way too hard for our gross compensation, it is not a game. Would never buy another GM product. The only exception is Corvette. It is not some question of Patriotism, it's a matter of being sure one has gotten the value that one has paid for.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
cfedor said:
With still having 13, 9, & 7 year olds I need the space/roominess of the Enclave. I am looking off & on for a '13 twin with all the bells,dings and whistles of my current "Cherry-Ot" and in a particular mileage radius and price range.
. My buddy handles that with his Lincoln Navigator purchased as a cpo....at Thanksgiving we saw him and his family in Boston. They drove home, straight to Tampa FLA, no stopping. He has never had any issues with the car, and it has 120k now, but his thing is it's dated (doesn't have the toys of his wife's loaded Q5). He was the first to bring it to my attn that on American cars, the computer can be inaccurate with mpg and gal consumed, which blew my mind.
2 kids and 2 dogs, straight to Tampa, that is a people mover...

·
Registered
657 Posts
john 070 said:
IMHO being middle aged, we work way too hard for our gross compensation, it is not a game. Would never buy another GM product. The only exception is Corvette. It is not some question of Patriotism, it's a matter of being sure one has gotten the value that one has paid for.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Funny to see all the comments about the SS. Say hello to my new 2015 SS with a manual transmission, sunroof and spare. As stated above, it does not offer a more base model to get the price down but when you option the competition up to equally compare (Charger) it is 2K cheaper. It also offers a manual the Charger does not. This is a fun car to drive that does not draw attention.

I also would like to note that I updated my vote from would I buy another Enclave from no to yes. That's not saying I am any happier about how GM and my dealer handled the issue with my Enclave but (Knock on wood) it appears that it has finally been fixed. The dealer reprogrammed the BCM model in it at around 45K miles and so far no more issue. We now have 61K miles. I hope it's fixed. We really like this vehicle and so far feel a bit more safe driving it.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
small batch said:
Funny to see all the comments about the SS. Say hello to my new 2015 SS with a manual transmission, sunroof and spare. As stated above, it does not offer a more base model to get the price down but when you option the competition up to equally compare (Charger) it is 2K cheaper. It also offers a manual the Charger does not. This is a fun car to drive that does not draw attention.

I also would like to note that I updated my vote from would I buy another Enclave from no to yes. That's not saying I am any happier about how GM and my dealer handled the issue with my Enclave but (Knock on wood) it appears that it has finally been fixed. The dealer reprogrammed the BCM model in it at around 45K miles and so far no more issue. We now have 61K miles. I hope it's fixed. We really like this vehicle and so far feel a bit more safe driving it.
. Did you say manual? I think I like you. :happy:

It's 7% of all cars today and you can't even find them on German sports cars anymore.

For 2016, VW even removed it from the 4 cyl Passat CC, which could have one last year. BMW cannot have them with awd, and it is a $0 option. What?? It should be 2k cheaper! Even with Porsche, manuals are the exception.

Congrats on getting the stick. Our Enclave is our first auto, so boring. Cousin had a stick in his X5...would love that Cayenne GTS is a manual (no longer available either). It's slim pickings for those of us who want a clutch...

·
Registered
402 Posts
john 070 said:
. Did you say manual? I think I like you. :happy:

It's 7% of all cars today and you can't even find them on German sports cars anymore.

It's slim pickings for those of us who want a clutch...
That it is. I live in VA and had to buy this from a dealer in CT because all I could find was auto's locally.

Don't mind the bags on the floor. This was taken they day I got it. They have now been replaced with Weathertech's

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
small batch said:
That it is. I live in VA and had to buy this from a dealer in CT because all I could find was auto's locally.

Don't mind the bags on the floor. This was taken they day I got it. They have now been replaced with Weathertech's
That is sweet, congrats on your choice. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
john 070 said:
. My buddy handles that with his Lincoln Navigator purchased as a cpo....at Thanksgiving we saw him and his family in Boston. They drove home, straight to Tampa FLA, no stopping. He has never had any issues with the car, and it has 120k now, but his thing is it's dated (doesn't have the toys of his wife's loaded Q5). He was the first to bring it to my attn that on American cars, the computer can be inaccurate with mpg and gal consumed, which blew my mind.
2 kids and 2 dogs, straight to Tampa, that is a people mover...
Doesn't the Navigator have like a 150 gallon gas tank ??? :hilarious: That is awesome to be able to drive that straight thru!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Sweet SS, smallbatch!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts