EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know when the xm 1 year for free promotion went into effect? I was told that when I picked up my Enclave on December 12, 2007 that I hd XM free for 1 year. It was disconnected after 3 months. :(

·
Registered
349 Posts
Funny you mention that. My Denali shows as having one full year of XM but in the promotional material it said 3 months. I got all excited thinking I have it for a year. I guess I'll find out soon enough as a week from Thursday is my 3 month anniversary. I'll be in Florida on spring break. I guess that would not be a good time to loose it as I LOVE it on long drives.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO, I did not confuse the onstar and xm time frames. I am interested as I stated when the xm 1 year free promotion started.
thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
captgac said:
NO, I did not confuse the onstar and xm time frames. I am interested as I stated when the xm 1 year free promotion started.
thanks
Then you have discovered a new promotion that the masses here have not heard about. :drunk:

Do you have written documentation from your dealer of GM/XM? ??? ???

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I purchased my Enclave in December also & was told the free trial was 3 months... There's certainly nothing on XM Radio's website about a "one year free" promotion...

I'll be camping on my dealer's doorstep asking for my money back if you're successful... ;D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Will we soon have to convert to Sirius in light of the XM buy-out? I wonder how that will be handled... ???

bonk!

·
Registered
171 Posts
bonk! said:
Will we soon have to convert to Sirius in light of the XM buy-out? I wonder how that will be handled... ???

bonk!
Right now, no one is sure what's going on. The SiriusConnect GM Class-2 Tuner is not compatible with Acadia/Enclave/Outlook. If they force millions of people to convert their cars from XM to Sirius, they will lose a lot of customers, so I can't imagine that scenario. If you wanted to convert your Lambda right now to Sirius, you'd have to do it via a cassette adapter or FM adapter unless there's something I haven't heard of yet (aside from pulling the oem headunit and replacing it with aftermarket).

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
If the powers that be or that are to be use a bit of common sense (likely? hope so, but...), as an interim solution they could simply port unique XM programming to Sirius customers & vice versa. This would take care of current system unique customers until/if they come up with a retro hardware install solution. Be interesting to see how they actually handle this - doubt folks would be satisfied with a FM xmitter...

Future installations & service would be a no brainer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here's a current article on how things may go after the merger:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23813297/

But who knows how things will really turn out! Can you say "New Hardware"? ??? :banghead:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I can say it, but I won't do it.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
xrayman said:
Here's a current article on how things may go after the merger:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23813297/

But who knows how things will really turn out! Can you say "New Hardware"? ??? :banghead:
Reads like a pretty good bet... And, yes, I can so say - at least for full access to everything...

Ain't "progress" wunnerful... :-\

·
Registered
435 Posts
Here's my experience with XM (for what it's worth!)...
I took delivery of my Enclave on September 22, 2007. So, 3 months brought me to December 22nd. About December 17th, XM called me and offered me 3 additional months for $5.99/month. I accepted, but, I would not put it on my credit card. So, if I sent them a check, it was $2.00 more...$20.00 (or so) total. I just received a bill for additional months for $12.99/ month. I called them (XM) and told them it was too much and to cancel it. They offered me their "best" deal for 3 months at $4.99/month. I told them I really wasn't interested...I live in New York City and we have more radio stations than taxi cabs! Well, then they GAVE me 3 additional months FOR FREE!! All I have to do is "try" it again, and let them know how it is after the 3 month period. Total...9 months for $20...or, 6 months for free.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts