EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received a call just prior to our 3 month expiration date for the XM radio. We were asked about signing up for a 1 year subcription. NO mention was ever made for any discount or incentive to continue. We told the person calling we still hadn't decided if we wanted to continue.

Well, it did lapse and we received a mailing "notice of expiration" and the information for 1yr+ subscriptions.

Is it possible to still get an incentive or discount to continue for a year. We did not use it that much and were not ready to commit to a year at the regular price. Anyone with a similar experience? Is it possible to get a "special offer" to try it for a while more! I did go to the XM web site and emailed a question about this, and received a response in some language I couldn't even read! ??? Strange??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Personally I like the XM Radio. For me, lots of shoices, and good sound quality. Because of that I renewed for one year. I received their mailings and their pricing. Called them and spoke to a representative. Told them I wanted the special renewal with the ZWINBACK code. They will renew my subscription after the trial period runs out for a full year for $77. That is a considerable savings over the regular price. They were very good about it. No questions and no hassel. If you like it do it. If not, let it drop.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I never listen to XM either but I did do the ZWINBECK code and received the $77 rate. I have the option of passengers listening to it. I just called and said $77 and the code with no issue.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine was expired for at least a month & I called & said I would renew if I could get the $77 rate..didn't give a code. They said ok..no problem & they turned it back on

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got the discount before it expired (couple days) and had no problem getting it.

My wife loves me again.

Richard

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE----

Thanks you guys for the information. Before I even called XM to see about any special, XM called us tonight and offered a 3 additional month trial for $14.95. I mentioned I "may" reconnect if they had a 1 yr special that I had heard about for $77. The contact person replied they did indeed and we signed up for $77 with NO reconnet. :thumb:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sounds good. Maybe now in your bargain year, you'll really have time to listen to more and explore at different times...and really see if you do want to full-time keep it or not.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just rec'd a deal (postcard mailing) for $4.99 for 3 mos --- after that $9.99 a month for a year... Still not impressed with those prices...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I hope to have better luck next time I call...contacted XM this morning and they said I couldn't get the $77 rate unless I had received a card from them with a special code. Will try again later...closer to the expiration date for the radio.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wheels said:
Well I hope to have better luck next time I call...contacted XM this morning and they said I couldn't get the $77 rate unless I had received a card from them with a special code. Will try again later...closer to the expiration date for the radio.
i asked for it a couple weeks ago and they said no problem. Called today and signed up, no code no nothing...try again!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Wheels, the code they are looking for is "ZWINBECK". If you want to renew, just call them back with this code. I might wait though if I was you, as another forum member posted the press release regardng the merger between Sirius and XM. If this menu has a better option for you than the $77 per year renewal, I would sit tight. This merger should be completed soon:

Quote from another forum member:
"Here is a press release I found concerning the Sirius-Xm merger. It appears that there is no need to do anything to the radios to get the services and the pricing seems competitive. We just have to be patient. Too bad that I extended my subscription to XM for three years. I hope to get some sort of price adjustment after the plan is finalized."

http://www.siriusmerger.com/uploads/ala-cart-Press-Rel-7-23-07.pdf

·
Registered
466 Posts
My XM expired in Dec and I have only been sent a letter with reconnection rates offering C$50 off until 31 Jan. It is still C$114 for 1 yaer, an offer I will not be bothering with - no mention of the $77 rate.

Has anyone else with expired XM in Canada had a better offer or called about the $77 deal? If not I will give them a call.

I don't know if I am that interested but just wondered.

·
Registered
116 Posts
asgard said:
My XM expired in Dec and I have only been sent a letter with reconnection rates offering C$50 off until 31 Jan. It is still C$114 for 1 yaer, an offer I will not be bothering with - no mention of the $77 rate.

Has anyone else with expired XM in Canada had a better offer or called about the $77 deal? If not I will give them a call.

I don't know if I am that interested but just wondered.
Yes, me. They wouldn't do the 77 offer, saying that was an American promo they'd never heard of... but on the 2nd or 3rd phonecall (them phoning me to try and get me signed back up) they did 50% off the Canadian price, which left me with a total of 82 CAD plus tax. I agreed to that. It didn't have a particular offer code or anything. You could say your friend got that offer from "Sean" (that was the rep's name) and you want the same.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks -
Good thought if I decide to go XM I will be sure to keep this in mind. I have not had any calls from XM yet, my service went out on the 6th Dec 07.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Anybody get any flak about not allowing the $77 rate on a second radio? I'm on hold right now (30+ min), to talk to a "supervisor". ???

·
Registered
405 Posts
Xray man, you need to get the FAMILY rate for the second radio!!!! Here is what I got a few weeks ago:

I added my son (who got a receiver for a Christmas present) for the $6.99 family plan BUT I asked for a 3 month free trial period. So I got him added for $3.50 per month for 6 months and then it reverts to $6.99 per month. I had a coupon code for that but he never asked for it: XMSCION03. So total cost for a year on 2nd radio will be $63.00, but it has to be billed monthly, unlike the $77 deal that was paid for all at once....

·
Registered
360 Posts
*Enclave* said:
Xray man, you need to get the FAMILY rate for the second radio!!!! Here is what I got a few weeks ago:

I added my son (who got a receiver for a Christmas present) for the $6.99 family plan BUT I asked for a 3 month free trial period. So I got him added for $3.50 per month for 6 months and then it reverts to $6.99 per month. I had a coupon code for that but he never asked for it: XMSCION03. So total cost for a year on 2nd radio will be $63.00, but it has to be billed monthly, unlike the $77 deal that was paid for all at once....
Problem is that this is on a second radio in a new car. I already used up the three month free trial. I thought they might offer the family paln, but they never went down that road. After being on hold sooooo loooong, I just hung up. Will see if they call me back. :sosad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts