EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, my Radio was fine, then this afternoon I was searching through the Pre-Selected Stations and noticed there was no XM or any indication that I ever had XM on my Radio. I called XM and They wanted a Radio ID Number which I didn't have. They gave it to me while I was on the Phone, and also said they would Refresh and send me a New Signal within 20 Minutes. I also was to set my Channel to "0" and wait. 20 min expired and still no indication that I had XM, so I couldn't set the Channel to "0".
Tomorrow or Monday, I will be at the Dealer. I haven't ran across anything like this on the Forum. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Sounds odd. Even after my XM expired I had no issue finding the channel ("0" like you said?) to set it to rejoin.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like the XM module in your radio is probably defective. The module had to be replaced in my Enclave right after I bought it because the XM portion didn't work no matter what XM tried to do. I think its an easy fix for the dealer but I'm sure they won't have the module in stock & will have to order. Took the better part of a week for mine....sorry to hear that. And on the plus side maybe its something easier than that!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I went to the Dealer today, but the Guy that does that kind of work wasn't in, and they asked me to come back Monday. They tried about everything that I had already done and the Problem still existed. So.....I'll take it back on Monday.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently posted that my XM went out. I notified the Dealer and they checked it out and placed an order for a new XM module. I waited a week and heard nothing even tho they said it should be a couple of days. I went back to the Dealer and they said the Part came in with no Name on it, and That's why I wasn't notified. :banghead: Now it's been out for about 13 days and I will probably have it put in on Tuesday. They will loan me a car to drive in the meantime. Hopefully another Enclave, but I doubt that. I'm pretty much hooked on XM. It's nice especially after you Program the Stations in. I'll keep you Posted on the Outcome.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today was the Big Day, I now have my XM back and it's just like it was the day I picked up my Enclave. Approx 1/2 Day. I was given a 2008 Pontiac G6 to drive. No cost and I hope I don't have to go back to the Shop for awhile.
The XM Module had an Internal Short to Ground and it also took out a Fuse.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Glad the fix went well, still a hassle, but sounds like everything is cool. I still have to get mine in for a fuel gauge issue, just hard to find the time no matter how easy they make it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bsox said:
Glad the fix went well, still a hassle, but sounds like everything is cool. I still have to get mine in for a fuel gauge issue, just hard to find the time no matter how easy they make it.
Call ahead, make the Appointment, and they will have a Vehicle ready for you to drive when you get there. That's what I like about Warranties in addition to the Free Repair. Good Luck with your Fuel Guage.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think this is my issue... I just took possession of a 2008 and the XM presets show on the bottom from the PO but you can't choose the source (xm) which kinda sucks!

I sent a message to Pace Performance to get a price on one. Anyone know where they locate them in the car? My G8's is on the bottom of the deck lid but no idea where they hide it in this tank...

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ok seeing that my Enclave is completely out of warranty, I ordered a new XM control module which I'll replace myself. It was 133 bucks! :facepalm:

Looks like a pretty easy (time consuming) replacement procedure.

Preliminary Procedures
Remove the left rear quarter lower trim panel. Refer to Quarter Lower Rear Trim Panel Replacement .
Remove the liftgate close actuator bracket (if equipped). Refer to Liftgate Close Actuator Bracket Replacement .

Communication Interface Module Bracket

Procedure
Disconnect the electrical connectors.

Digital Radio Receiver

Procedure
Refer to Control Module References for programming and set up information.

Tip
Pull tab to release the receiver.

Digital Radio Receiver Setup
XM™ Activation
Important: After replacement of an XM™ receiver, call XM™ radio to deactivate the receiver that has been removed from the vehicle. The vehicle must be parked in view of a satellite within 24 hours after an activation call.

Radio ON, tune to the XM™ channel 0 and record the radio ID. The radio ID will be required for activation of the new receiver.
Call XM™ radio to deactivate the faulty receiver and activate the new receiver.
• US: 1-800-556-3600

• Canada: 1-877-438-9677

Park the vehicle outside in an area with an unobstructed view of the southern sky.
Leave the vehicle outside with the ignition switch in the ACC position and the radio ON for 30 minutes to activate XM™ service.
Once activated, the radio will receive the remaining XM™ channels.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
4gasem said:
Leave the vehicle outside with the ignition switch in the ACC position and the radio ON for 30 minutes to activate XM™ service.
I hope your battery is strong

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can drive it around as well... lol I could also just throw the charger on it and let it sit as well. This is true when setting up any XM radio for the first time. It usually takes less time though.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts