EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dark Slate Metallic Premium FWD, 360 camera, no sunroof, 18 inch wheels
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spent time trying to find the right cargo box size for my 2018 enclave. I could not find photos online to see how a xxl large cargo box would look on 2018 + enclaves. I ended up with the Yakima CBX 18. The dimensions are L 91.00 in x W 38.00 in x H 17.00 in. This is pretty much the max cargo box size you can get on the market and it fits just fine on the 2018 + enclaves. For anyone deciding on cargo boxes and their size, I hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
660 Posts
This is the medium sized Thule I own that we use on ski trips to keep the skis out of the car.

On a big trip where we rented a lake house with friends for over a week and brought the boat we had a ton of extra stuff so I borrowed my buddy's huge ski box. It looks like a giant coffin riding on top of the car. It touches the antenna at the rear and overhangs the windshield slightly.

When ever we have either roof box on the car we keep a paper taped to the dash that says "NO GARAGE". Had to help my friend buff the white marks out of his after his wife tried to drive into their garage with it attached to the roof of their Acadia.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Do you have to have the cross rails when you use those boxes? I never bought them for our 2008.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have to have the cross rails when you use those boxes? I never bought them for our 2008.
Yes I have the Yakima skyline roof rack system with JetStream Black cross rails. I still leave the cross rials on when the box is not in use.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do these Yakima boxes or similar Thule increase wind noise at higher speeds?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do these Yakima boxes or similar Thule increase wind noise at higher speeds?
I do notice the little wind noise which is to be expected at high speeds. I do not have sunroof so that may help. Overall the Enclave is a quiet vehicle to begin with so the wind noise at high speeds is bearable.

·
Super Moderator
660 Posts
The box definitely adds some wind noise. Not a lot because the Enclave is so well insulated but you know it’s up there. My E didn’t come with the crossbars but I picked up a set of the OEM ones on eBay. They look much nicer than any aftermarket ones I’ve seen. They’re silent 99% of the time. The 1% being if they get a little ice buildup on them they’ll make a little wind noise at certain speeds until the ice comes off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts