EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am currently visiting Detroit. Can anyone recommend a place where I can pick up a new strut assembly for a 2009 Enclave CXL? I visiting from Canada so I prefer to buy it in the US while I am here.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
E said:
I am currently visiting Detroit. Can anyone recommend a place where I can pick up a new strut assembly for a 2009 Enclave CXL? I visiting from Canada so I prefer to buy it in the US while I am here.

go here--
up top enter the zip code of your location-- and youll get stores that sell AC DELCO.. you can call them up and ask if they have the items in stock

·
Registered
24 Posts
I checked at a local wrecking yard and they had a 2012 GMC Acadia AWD (with 8000 miles) that was flood damaged. The electrical system was destroyed but the mechanical parts are nearly new. The suspension boots were intact. The best part of it all, it cost me $300 for TWO completely assembled struts (new springs, etc.). Looking forward to swapping out my broken struts with these "new" ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A word of caution to others doing this. Please check the torque values for your year model.

According to the 2009 Enclave service manual, the Strut to Body Mounting Nuts are torqued at 33 lb ft not the 61 lb ft that is in the earlier post. The 61 lb ft may be correct for 2008 but I learned the hard way that it isn't for the 2009 and snapped one of the bolts off which required me to replace the top mount (approx $75).

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the Enclave Forum (have an Acadia, please don't judge me)

DaVikes, Thanks for the great post. Made the job a breeze. Rented a small puller along with the spring compressors that made the windshield wiper removal very quick and easy. All together the job took about 2 hours (with air tools). Considering the dealer quoted $1100 and my out of pocket doing it myself was $250 (2 struts + alignment) this is a very worthwhile DIY job.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
TITAN4x said:
New to the Enclave Forum (have an Acadia, please don't judge me)

DaVikes, Thanks for the great post. Made the job a breeze. Rented a small puller along with the spring compressors that made the windshield wiper removal very quick and easy. All together the job took about 2 hours (with air tools). Considering the dealer quoted $1100 and my out of pocket doing it myself was $250 (2 struts + alignment) this is a very worthwhile DIY job.
Hey we won't hold owning an Acadia against you. After all they all are built on the same platform, the lambda.

Heck when I first joined I was the owner of a 07 Outlook.

Kick back, join in and start talking.

Welcome!!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for this write-up. I plan to install new struts on my 09' this weekend. Today I ordered Monroe Reflex struts as well as the Monroe Strut Mounts just in case my existing ones need replacing. Total cost for all was $276 shipped. I plan to rent a coil compressor and after reading this I will check to see if they have a puller for the wipers. Hopefully all goes well and it solves one of many issues my wife doesn't like about her enclave. Next project will be finding where the water leak is. :banghead:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great Post. I have a 2010 CLave, If I don't go fully nuts (or bounce off the road) before I get the chance to change them, I will attempt to tackle this task.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I caved in and brought my ENCLAVE to my mech. First off, WOW what a difference to have new suspension!!!! Like everyone else, time is the factor, and we/I am doing our ensuite bathroom "full" reno. So I opt'd to "pay to have it done". But I am glad I did. Of course they found other issues, control arms and such. but now I know its all done. I contemplated having to go back and forth to NAPA for more parts and crap if I was to do it myself. I had them do the Rears as well and they found the control arm bushings to be hammered out. So the bill did hit the $2K mark, but if there is any other issue I can bring it back.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
DaVikes, Thank You for your time to post all that. I also watched a YouTube video that showed this project. Just as soon as Spring weather arrives, this will be my next DIY project. Trust me, I'll be referring to your post often! Much appreciated. (y)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts