EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with anyone who says Don't Buy. My 2010 with 48,000 miles is a money pit and GM could not care less. When I called GM and asked for some "goodwill" help they told me in some many words, that I would have to wait until government forced them to recall.
Never again
WWC
PS I understand that some are saying the 2015 and 2016 are better, but having been burned one time, I will pass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI new member here with a 2012 enclave. I have only had it 2 months and I had to take it in for a popping noise. They found a bad strut bearing, need new rack and pinion ( steering gear box) , and a front motor mount was busted. I regret buying my 2012 Enclave already. I researched this car and I had hoped that it had most of its problems worked out but this is ridiculous. I hope I don't end up with the dreaded timing chain problem! Unfortunately its out of warrenty too but only has 62,000 on it! They did replace the motor mount for free by its under drive train.

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
mandyn1986 said:
HI new member here with a 2012 enclave. I have only had it 2 months and I had to take it in for a popping noise. They found a bad strut bearing, need new rack and pinion ( steering gear box) , and a front motor mount was busted. I regret buying my 2012 Enclave already. I researched this car and I had hoped that it had most of its problems worked out but this is ridiculous. I hope I don't end up with the dreaded timing chain problem! Unfortunately its out of warrenty too but only has 62,000 on it! They did replace the motor mount for free by its under drive train.
101,400 miles----- replaced the front motor mount on my 2010.

here is how I replaced it- if youre curious.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=31289.0

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Buick Enclave 2015 is now at the dealership- They tell me it has Motor Mount issues. The car only has 29thousand miles on it and I wonder how the heck this could have happened so soon. The dealership first said it comes from driving it hard- such as in "gunning" it when you start out. I told them that NEVER happens. I am a gentle driver and am super careful with the car to not hit potholes or anything. Then he said "well, they wear -from the start- every time you put you foot on the gaspaddle" This sounds absolutely outrageous to me and I am searching for a reason why this car has to have the motor mounts worked on??? (it is still under warranty- but still the issue itself is concerning) I have never, ever had a car in which this was an issue? Does anyone have any feedback for me to help answer my question? Trying to figure out what is going on- Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
We've updated our reliability stats for the Enclave to include owner experiences through September 30, 2016.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year (lower is better):

2016 Enclave: 23, moderate
2015 Enclave: 21, low
2014 Enclave: 49, high
2013 Enclave: 50, high
2012 Enclave: 46, moderate
2011 Enclave: 77, high
2010 Enclave: 67, moderate
2009 Enclave: 74, moderate
2008 Enclave: 69, moderate

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2015 Enclave: 82, 3
2014 Enclave: 74, 3
2013 Enclave: 62, 7
2012 Enclave: 67, 3
2011 Enclave: 50, 9
2010 Enclave: 49, 4
2009 Enclave: 46, 2
2008 Enclave: 61, 2

Additional participants always helpful.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Buick Enclave reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
14 Posts
Inger said:
My Buick Enclave 2015 is now at the dealership- They tell me it has Motor Mount issues. The car only has 29thousand miles on it and I wonder how the heck this could have happened so soon. The dealership first said it comes from driving it hard- such as in "gunning" it when you start out. I told them that NEVER happens. I am a gentle driver and am super careful with the car to not hit potholes or anything. Then he said "well, they wear -from the start- every time you put you foot on the gaspaddle" This sounds absolutely outrageous to me and I am searching for a reason why this car has to have the motor mounts worked on??? (it is still under warranty- but still the issue itself is concerning) I have never, ever had a car in which this was an issue? Does anyone have any feedback for me to help answer my question? Trying to figure out what is going on- Thanks in advance!!
wish I could help as I also have a 2015 enclave with roughly 25k miles but this is concerning for me.. were you the first owner?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am the owner of a 2015 Enclave Premium AWD. I bought it used with 5000 miles and 18 months old. After almost 3 years this Buick has been perfect. After owning an 09 Traverse LTZ That had numerous problems. That i had for 7 years and 80000 miles, the Enclave has been a pleasant surprise. The 09 was a first year model run, The Enclave was after 7 or 8 year model run. Lesson learned, no more first or second year of a model.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Simply had my Enclave for two or three days, yet shock! The sales rep said this was a WOW kinda vehicle, he wasn't simply whistling Dixie. Incredible Car.

261 - 269 of 269 Posts
About this Discussion
268 Replies
109 Participants
ARTOTTO
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing